Complex Special Needs Residential Support Staff
Are you a Child and Youth Worker, Social Service Worker or Development Service Worker who is eager to work as part of a dynamic team in a growing operation? If so, Ontario Family Group Homes Inc. is looking for you.
Join us and contribute to a company with a strong desire to ensure that each individual we provide service to has a true sense of Belonging, Believing and Becoming.
If you are an individual with a post-secondary diploma in Human Services from a recognized post-secondary institution, and a passion for supporting individuals with social, emotional, psychological and behavioural challenges, we would like to hear from you.
Ontario Family Group Homes Inc. requires the following qualifications:
· Knowledge of current MCCSS legislations (CYFSA)
· Ability to plan, prioritize organize and implement daily routines responsibilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to use discretion in a fast pace, residential treatment setting
· Sound crisis management skills
· G-Class driver’s license and valid insurance
· Basic computer skills
· Work and placement experiences are considered and asset and knowledge of Applied
Behavioural Analysis and various treatment approaches is required.
· Act as a case manager for individuals being cared for within the residence
· Understand, follow and implement treatment plans, daily schedules
· Ensure the safety of all youth in the residence
· Provide a safe and clean environment
· Provide an excellent standard of care to all residents. This may include personal care, medication administration, advocacy, liaising with family, medical and other professionals and other service providers to address needs
· Daily, monthly documentation as required (daily logs, communication logs, movement logs)
· Attend staff training sessions and meetings as required.
· Transport residents as required in accordance with Ministry of Transportation and O.F.G.H. policies.
· Perform other related duties as required by the Program Manager (delegate)
· Represent O.F.G.H. in a professional manner and adhere to confidentiality policies at all times.
· Shift work required; including Evenings, Weekends, Holiday's, and Potential Overnights
Physical fitness sufficient to:
· Kneel, squat, bend and twist regularly
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs
· Perform tasks involving firm grasping
· Full range of motion with respect to arm and leg movements
· Mobility above shoulder height and below waist level
· Physically capable to engage and carry out physical intervention or containment; obtain and maintain (annual) UMAB certification.
· Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please let us know of any accommodation needs due to physical disability required for in person interview.
Please note the successful applicant will have a six-month probationary period.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $37,000.00-$38,000.00 per year
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)