Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer.
- Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance. Summary of Experience - No previous experience required Basic Qualifications
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Meets required dress code
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
Core Competencies Customer Focus: Delivers legendary service that meets and exceeds all customers' expectations
Ethics and Integrity: Adheres to Starbucks values, beliefs and principles during good and bad times
Composure: Remains calm, maintains perspective and responds in a professional manner when faced with tough situations
Personal Learning: Takes personal responsibility for the continuous learning of new knowledge, skills and experiences
Dealing with Ambiguity: Able to successfully function during times of uncertainty and changing priorities
Decision-Making: Makes timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
Interpersonal Savvy: Builds effective relationships with all people; up, down and sideways, inside and outside of Starbucks
Results Oriented: Gets results and achieves goals
Physical Requirements Proficiency Ratings Legend O = Occasional (up to 25% of time) F = Frequent (26%-74% of time) C = Constant (75% or more of time)
Requirement Bending/Twisting: Continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine. Proficiency: F
Carrying: Moving an object, usually by holding it in hands or arms, or on shoulders. Proficiency: O - up to 40 lbs
Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, poles, and the like, using feet and legs, and hands and arms. Proficiency: O
Communicating: Transmitting, conveying or receiving information or direction in a clear and effective manner; may include verbal, written, or other means of communication. Proficiency: C
Computer: Usage or other special equipment operated. Proficiency: C -
Bar equipment/POS Register Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise performing precision work with hand or hands. Proficiency: C -
Around bar area Kneeling: Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee(s). Proficiency: F Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another using hands, arms and shoulders, back and legs. Proficiency: O -
up to 40 lbs Pushing/Pulling: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from or toward the force. Proficiency: O -
up to 40 lbs Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. Proficiency: C -
Around bar area Sitting: Remaining in the normal seated position. Proficiency: O Standing/Walking: Remaining on one's feet in an upright position at a workstation or moving about a work area. Proficiency: C -
Up to 90% of the time Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist Proficiency: F
Tasting/Smelling: Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors. Proficiency: O
Vision: Clarity of vision at near and/or far distances. Proficiency: C
Part-time hours: 20-25 per week
Expected start date: 2021-07-26
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $14.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All customers and partners are required to wear a mask and maintain social distancing. All partners are protected by routine handwashing, PPE, and plexi shields.