Our client, a reputable stone products fabricator located in the South-East end, is looking for a detail-oriented CNC Programmer to join their team.
In light of the COVID-19 virus, and respecting the guidelines set forth by the provincial and federal governments, Express Employment Professionals will be conducting virtual interviews at the present time. Please note that our client is also taking the pandemic situation very seriously and has implemented proper measures to ensure a safe and sanitary work environment for all its employees.
Why work for this organization:
- Variety of projects
- Room for growth
- Medical and dental benefits after probation
- 6 paid sick days
- Closed from Christmas to New Years
- RSP Pension plan
- Free Parking
- Monday – Friday schedule – No weekends
Required Skills, and Qualifications:
- MUST HAVE minimum 1 year’s CNC Programming experience
- Must have previous experience reading and understanding drawings/blueprints (in AutoCAD preferred)
- CNC Programming certificate a strong asset
- Must have excellent mathematical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Must have sound knowledge of imperial measurement system
- Experience with Alpha Cam, Cad Drawing or Slab Smith a strong asset
- Computer literate – must be able to learn new CNC Programming software (Slab smith, Easy Stone)
- Takes initiative and can work well independently
- Team player mentality
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Review job measurements and finishing details to ensure accuracy
- Design CNC Programs using Slab smith and Easy Stone while maximizing raw material use to minimize waste and ensure remnants are used if at all possible
- Resolve and troubleshoot CNC Program issues
- Update ERP with final CNC production files
- Verify templates to ensure accuracy
- Complete necessary paperwork to ensure job tickets are processed in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
The wage for this position starts between $17.00 to $20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Work schedule is Monday to Friday, with start time being flexible between 6:30am and 8:00am; and working 8.5 hours per day.
The ideal candidate is someone who is looking for a long-term career. This is an excellent opportunity to establish yourself with an organization that invests in their people and provides a great work atmosphere.
If you are interested and believe you meet the specified qualifications, please reply to this ad with your Resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Express Employment Professionals; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Express Employment Professionals is an equal opportunity employer.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Flexible working hours
- Vision care
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC Programming: 1 year (Required)