Are you a community minded and outgoing individual who enjoys meeting new people?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity for you to join a team dedicated to making unforgettable experiences for international teens in Canada!
YES Canada offers Canadian and International high school students the opportunity to study abroad with flexible terms of 3, 5, or 10 months. Students stay with a host family and attend a local high school while abroad.
YES Canada is looking for a friendly, confident, energetic individual to join our team in the Renfrew area to find and secure host families for incoming international students and provide on-program support for those students once in Canada.
The position is fulfilled on a contractor and commission basis and payment is issued for the various elements the role entails and requires. This role is not designed to be a sole income and is best viewed as a supplementary position for those that have a passion for working with students and the value of cultural experiences.
The YES Canada Local Coordinator position is a multifaceted role that has two major components:
- Finding and screening host families within the Renfrew area to welcome and host our inbound international students and consistently networking to build base of homestay families.
- Providing on-program support to our international students for the duration of their stay in Canada, including a welcome orientation, monthly check-ins, reports and intermittent troubleshooting in conversation with our main office team.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills:
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Familiarity with the local community
- Ability to work at irregular hours occasionally
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution and mediation
- A reliable vehicle and driving license
- A computer, printer and scanner with basic computer literacy
- Basic Microsoft Excel and Word skills and access to the software
If interested, please send us your resume. Only successful candidates will be contacted - thank you!!
Job Types: Part-time, Commission
- Secondary School (Required)