RTA Education Consulting. was founded in British Columbia in 2018. RTA Education Consulting Company offers a wide range of education services with the necessary tools and expertise to help brighten students' futures. We partner with our clients from start to finish, focusing on their needs while choosing universities, developing effective course planning, and designing high-quality and scalable solutions. Contact us to learn more.
We are looking for an experienced English as a second language teacher to join our team. You’ll organize courses for non-native speakers with diverse activities and methods that cover all aspects of the English language (speaking, writing, and comprehending).
As a teacher in RTA, you’ll create individualized educational plans based on each student’s needs and evaluate their progress through assessments. ESL teaching skills also include building positive relationships with parents and teachers and helping them evaluate student progress.
- Plan, prepare and teach well-developed English lessons which enthuse and inspire students and promote the enjoyment of learning.
- Effectively and appropriately differentiate instruction so as to meet all students’ learning styles with an appreciation for students’ learning differences.
- Select and sequence appropriate materials, resources, and approaches according to the course/content area and audience of learners.
- Assess, track, and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement (performance and growth) and developmental needs to students, academics, and other managers/colleagues.
- Accommodate (in an extraordinary instance) independent study to be completed outside of class (in collaboration with education consultant).
- Write reports on students with clear formative comments and targets as to how to improve work by defined deadlines given, and provide regular estimated grades and feedback on assessments.
- Maintain lesson plans, assessment data, and attendance records using a defined school-sanctioned electronic interface.
- Design, administer, and evaluate a range of formative and summative assessments as appropriate.
- Complete administrative tasks as define and by set deadlines.
- Induct students appropriately to provide academic advice, counseling, educational guidance, and advisory support, including individual learning plans, as directed.
- Supervise students’ attendance and behaviors and follow up as appropriate, in accordance with the Student Handbook.
- Provide work for study hall when a student has not completed assignments, notify Department Chair or relevant staff, and ensure work is graded promptly.
- Develop materials and resources, implement, support, and/or lead in the production and improvement of curriculum planning as appropriate, and undertake other academic project work as directed.
- Provide feedback on materials, courses, and lessons to academics and other managers/colleagues as requested.
Job Type: Full-time, 30 hours/week
Salary: $38.50 per hour
- Teach students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop, and field studies
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
- Prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Deliver lectures and presentations
- Conduct course and program evaluation or review
- secondary students
- College/University students
- International students
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) from an accredited college/university
- ESL or TESOL certification
- Previous experience as an ESL teacher or similar role
- Teaching/tutoring students of high school age desired
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38.50 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)