The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and is now the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Treasury Analyst to join our Finance department. As Treasury Analyst, you will leverage your 3+ years of accounting, treasury and/or full-cycle accounts payable experience to support the Senior Treasury Analyst and Finance team with banking and processing payments, balance sheet reconciliations, completing month-end related activities, resolving any outstanding balance sheet account issues, and maintaining the monthly calendar schedule for the Finance department.
As a Treasury Analyst, you will use your strong analytical skills and finance and accounting experience to assist the Finance department in ensuring accurate financial reporting is completed on time. Additionally, you will perform ad-hoc analysis, reconciliations, and reporting as required by the business.
About Your Day
- Prepare payments for vendors, payroll, and employee expenses and ensure all required approvals are received on time
- Prepare supporting schedules for vendor payments and respond to vendor inquiries in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the Finance team and other departments to ensure accuracy of payments
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure that all month-end journal entries are prepared on time and are accurate
- Resolve any outstanding issues and accounting related matters to ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Accounting Policies, and Government directives
- Maintain a Fixed Asset register and perform periodic physical asset counts
- Assist with preparing year-end financial audit working papers and liaise with external and internal auditors
- Identify gaps in existing processes and recommend improvements to current finance processes
- Prepare and update the monthly finance calendar with detailed month end tasks and responsibilities for the finance department
- Assist with special projects, ad hoc requests reporting, and analysis as required by the business
- Post-secondary education in accounting, finance and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of the CPA designation or enrollment as a student at the senior level of the CPA Program
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, and treasury, including balance sheet account reconciliations and full cycle accounts payable
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Experience working with a large ERP
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 (D365) is a strong asset
- Self-motivated, independent, and comfortable in dynamic environment
- Strong time-management skills to handle demanding workload and tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer focused and effective in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy while processing large amount of data in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Appreciation and adherence of governance and protocols around sensitive, confidential data
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Required Travel: Yes, within the GTA
- Application Deadline: August 20, 2020
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.