Clinical Psychology Position
MindShift Clinic is a one-of-a-kind clinic pioneering an integrated empirically based bio-psycho-social approach to treatment. Have you met any of the 50% of clients who do not seem to benefit from talk therapy? At MindShift, we work to first regulate underlying biological disruptions so clients can better access the part of the brain responsible for cognitive processing and functional behavior changes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an energetic multi-disciplinary team that is making long term changes in people's lives? To potentially become the director of this dynamic team? Then consider this exciting opportunity to join us. The MindShift Clinic, a private practice clinic located in the beautiful capital of New Brunswick, is seeking a full-time psychologist.
The psychologist will see 25 clients/week providing psychotherapeutic intervention for a broad range of disorders. The psychologist will also provide assessment and diagnosis for post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health disorders.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the MindShift team and community partners.
- Provide a wide variety of psychological services related to the diagnosis, treatment, assessment and evaluation of post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Facilitate psychological rehabilitation, conduct therapy, and administer, evaluate and interpret psychological tests.
- Provide consultation and advice to the management and clinical team.
- Organize and conduct research and program evaluation projects.
- Provide empirically based psychotherapy for a wide range of disorders.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- You have demonstrated knowledge of the science and practices of psychology, including psychotherapeutic and assessment techniques in order to plan, conduct, and coordinate services.
- You can apply complex treatment techniques and provide consultation and advice on the diagnosis and treatment of those with PTSD, and other disorders.
- You have knowledge of program evaluation techniques.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- You have oral and written communication skills to communicate information regarding assessment approaches, findings, and treatment/rehabilitative activities.
- You are energetic and thrive working as part of a team.
- You have motivational interviewing skills to encourage utilization of psychological services with the ultimate goal of promoting change.
- You can maintain strong working relationships with multi-disciplinary staff within the clinic and partnering community agencies.
Analytical and Organizational Skills
- You are able to determine the most appropriate diagnostic approaches from a range of alternatives.
- You can evaluate the efficiency of treatment and rehabilitative programs.
- You can use sound judgement when working with highly confidential information and cases.
- You can organize and co-ordinate psychological services.
If you do not have the experience to fulfill the skill set outlined but are interested in learning, your application will be considered.
The MindShift Clinic offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A highly competitive salary (base starting salary: $110,000 plus financial incentives).
- A comprehensive health and dental plan
- Training allowance
- Biweekly in-house group training
- Monthly mentoring from experts in the field
- A progressive work environment
- Flexible learning and development opportunities including online training and mentorship programs
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization through a wide range of career fields
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada.
- You are registered in good standing as a Psychologist OR Resident in Psychology with the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick or meet the criteria for registration.
Note: You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at our expense.
Job Type: Full-time
- psychologist: 1 year (Preferred)