Enhance your career with us in Lovely Leamington www.leamington.ca an ideal place to live, play and work! We are located in the most southern region of Canada and have mild winters, affordable housing and 10-minute commutes.
Have you ever dreamed of living on the lake or in the countryside? www.realtor.ca
Leamington and Kingsville have new schools, beautiful beaches & boating, an abundance of wineries and affordable golf! International airports, sporting events, concerts and shopping just an hour away!
Baker Tilly Trillium is a rapidly growing firm with offices in Leamington, Essex, London, Dorchester and Aylmer. We provide audit, accounting, tax, HR and legal services to our clients locally and internationally. We are a member Firm of Baker Tilly Global; a $3.6 billion USD company in 145 regions with over 36,000 employees.
We were the 2018 recipient of the “Invests in a World Class Workforce” award presented by the Leamington Chamber of Commerce. Our team is world class because we only hire the best and then give them the opportunities and training to flourish in their careers! We are nimble and move fast. No red tape or bureaucracy to slow down your progression. We make 30-year-old Partners and hire and promote people over 60! Our leadership team of Partners are fiercely entrepreneurial and passionate about our growth. Our new COO and Partner Sandy Kirkwood-Pearce in London and Vice President of People Solutions Kari Viglasky in Leamington are creating the best retention strategy in the marketplace. Join us and get ready to grow your career. We have a loyal and dedicated team with over 20 members having between 15 and 56 years of service!
- Review Canadian tax filings (including T1, T2, T3) prepared by staff;
- Offer tax planning services to clients;
- Research tax issues and prepare memoranda;
- Identify client service opportunities;
- Participate in special engagements;
- Enhance existing and develop new community relationships and networks;
- Manage staff in the tax group and provide daily guidance and coaching;
- Support and mentor firm staff in respect of tax matters; and
- Prepare and present technical sessions for staff.
A Successful Candidate will have:
- A Canadian CPA designation;
- 3-5 years progressive public accounting experience with a tax specialty;
- Successful completion of the CPA In-depth Tax Course – or in progress;
- Sound technical knowledge of Canadian tax-related issues;
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills;
- Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines;
- US personal tax knowledge an asset; and
- Inbound international tax knowledge an asset.
Superior compensation package including immediate family benefits (with dental and vision), relocation assistance, spousal job search assistance, free parking, Social Committee and lots of celebrations. Be prepared to assist us give back to our community and participate in numerous charity events! All this and a signing bonus for qualified people!
Please email your CV and cover letter indicating your salary expectations to Kari Viglasky VP People Solutions via email.
We have a very diverse team and welcome all applicants! Our state-of-the-art new offices in Leamington are completely accessible. If you require any accommodation, please include in your email!
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Leamington, ON (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)