Since 1943, Veg-Pak Produce Ltd. has provided its customers with only the highest quality fresh produce and customer service, and is recognized as being a leader in this industry. We take pride in knowing that we work as a family to bring your family the finest in fresh produce. The love and passion we have for fresh produce is reflected in our Harvest Fresh brand.
Throughout the years, we have adapted to meet the changing needs of our customers in the produce industry. Our products are packed daily to make sure our consumers get the best quality produce.
We are seeking a full-time Sr. Maintenance Mechanic at our 25 Belvia Rd (Etobicoke, ON) location. This position may lead to a Supervisor role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting in the repair and maintenance of Veg-Pak Produce facilities. The individual will be responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial machinery. We are looking for candidate to work both as a crew leader and individually, under minimal supervision, to perform the functions of the job.
The duties and responsibilities of the Sr. Maintenance Mechanic include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees all facilities;
- Maintains, repairs and overhauls plant production equipment, building and grounds;
- Ensures all required documentation is completed correctly and on time (e.g.: pre- operational forms, preventative maintenance logs, temperature recording and equipment monitoring, work orders, inventory counts);
- Oversees trouble shooting of machinery to minimize down time; acts upon an intense sense of urgency to on-floor calls and emergencies;
- Performs all duties thoroughly and accurately to sustain optimal performance of equipment and minimize downtime and costs while in compliance with HACCP rules, SQF, JSA’S, SOP’s and other requirements;
- Actively participates in preventive maintenance program on processing equipment;
- Recommends and implements corrective action and required repairs;
- Prepares maintenance plan and schedules and tracks the progress;
- Maintains records and tracks work orders, spare parts, inspection and test records and maintenance history of equipment through a computerized system;
- Develops and implements a preventive and predictive maintenance program, including daily scheduling and planning of maintenance activities;
- Ensures smooth, efficient communication to the team;
- Coaches, mentors and ensures workers are training in compliance with require qualifications;
- Plans, leads, controls and evaluates maintenance activities based on time schedule, quality control and specifications; and
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Red Seal Certification as an Industrial Millwright Mechanic;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as an Industrial Millwright Mechanic;
- Minimum 7 - 8 years in the industry, with minimum 2-3 years Supervisory experience.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and managing workers;
- Experience with electrical, PLC programming, refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors, vacuum, plumbing, fabricating and other areas as required;
- Experience in trouble shooting, repairs and installations of electrical and mechanical services;
- Knowledge of 600 V AC and lower field wiring complete with a good grasp of associated instrumentation and control/PLCs;
- Proficient in using multi meters;
- Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs.;
- Knowledge of GMP & Food Safety regulations is considered an asset;
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment and has a willingness to learn; and
- Excellent work and attendance record is a must.
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment.
This position will start as soon as possible.
For more information, check us out online at www.vegpakproduce.com
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Preferred)