About Near North Mobile Media Lab:
Near North Mobile Media Lab (N2M2L) is a non-profit Artist-Run Centre that actively promotes media arts access by providing the tools and resources that media artists, emerging artists and students in Northern Ontario need to produce, present and enjoy all forms of contemporary media art.
- Oversee and administer financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations.
- Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develop a system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts.
- Liaising with N2M2L’s auditors for annual audits.
- Updating bookkeeping policies and procedures as needed.
- Balance accounts by reconciling entries, and maintain a general ledger by preparing a trial balance.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Organize CRA remittances, and do preparatory work for HST rebates.
- Occasionally assist with basic HR duties like new hire documents, compliance, and payroll filings.
- Must be organized, thorough and have great attention to detail.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work with a team.
- Must have excellent data entry skills, and knowledge of Accounting Principles and software.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous bookkeeping experience required.
- Minimum 1-year experience working in Quickbooks Online.
- Familiarity with RBC Express is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is an asset.
- Previous experience with a non-profit is an asset.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Bay, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)