The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 170 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services.
North Corridor Co-op invites applications for the position of a seasonal, full-time Yard Attendant with the possibility of becoming a permanent position to join our team at our Home Centre located in Thorhild, Alberta. The successful candidate will be prepared to come to work on time for all assigned shifts with a positive attitude and approach to the job, a strong awareness for safety in every task, and a willingness to learn. This position will require availability to work mornings, evenings, and weekends on a rotational basis.
Reporting to the Yard Supervisor this highly motivated individual will be responsible for providing prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable service to customers in our Thorhild Home Centre.
- Perform loading and picking our members’ orders.
- Perform customer service duties such as assisting with order placement, receiving, inventory verifications, refilling racks and holes within the buildings, and maintaining general cleanliness throughout the yard and various outbuildings.
- May be subject to working in extreme weather conditions, appropriate PPE is required.
- Other duties include picking orders for delivery or pick up, unloading delivery trucks, operating heavy machinery, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Assist with heavy carry-outs within the store, making deliveries to our members, removing snow in winter, monitoring the yard activities where members or other attendants are working with respect to asset protection, addressing guest concerns in a professional manner, using a saw to cut custom length goods, cutting pipe and various products to be sold by a specific measurement, ensuring accuracy between shelf labels and the POS (in any situation a price is displayed in the yard), upholding merchandising standards, and supervising the yard as assigned.
- A background knowledge in building materials with forklift experience is preferred, but can be trained if a suitable candidate applies.
North Corridor Co-op operates seven different locations in the five communities of Boyle, Thorhild, Athabasca, Redwater, and Grassland. With over 12,000 members, 100 team members, and annual sales of $64 million, North Corridor Co-op is a leader in providing goods and services to our members. Thorhild is located 90km north of Edmonton, Alberta and has several essential services in town or close by including a school, hospital, rink, pool, and many others.
Deadline: May 31, 2019
If you are interested in this opportunity or require additional information please submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to:
North Corridor Co-op
Boyle, Alberta T0A 0M0
Job Type: Full-time
- Thorhild, AB (Preferred)