Are you looking for more than a job?
Do you want to build a career and work for a company that values your skill, experience and hard work?
Do you enjoy variety in your work site experience (Civil construction and Landscaping)?
Wilco Contractors Southwest Inc. might be the place for you.
Wilco is seeking an experienced Hydro-vac operator that is looking to work for a company that will value your work year over year. Our projects and site locations provide variety and interesting work, and a great team to work with.
All work is in the Calgary area
- Manages the scheduling of work through requests from Site Supervisors and Foremen
- Completes a thorough pre/post trip inspections of assigned vehicle and periodically throughout shift
- Records deficiencies and reports to Equipment Manager
- Maintains a daily log book as per Commercial Motor Vehicle Act
- Operates assigned unit in a safe and effective manner, carrying out assigned duties
- Keeps assigned unit clean and presentable
- Responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects including utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching, and digging
- Operate Hydro-vac trucks and equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for Hydro-vac operation
- Complete all required paperwork properly and within set time lines
- Performs routine maintenance
- Completes other training as required
- Comply with Wilco and local OH&S regulations
- Monitor employee compliance with OH&S rules and standards
- Maintain and foster a clean and organized work environment
- Promote Wilco Hydrovac Services to established and new customers
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of recent hydro-vac, and related trucking experience
- Mechanical aptitude and multiple field tickets an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate a strong customer service focus
- Must possess a valid class 3 or class 1 driver’s license with a recent and clean abstract
- RSTS and Ground Disturbance training is preferred
- ALL work is in Calgary area
Wilco offers competitive wages and a safe, professional work environment. This position has been deemed safety sensitive; successful applicants must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test as a condition of employment.
We would like to thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00-$34.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Hydrvac Operator: 3 years (required)
- Class 3 truck driving: 3 years (required)
- Class 3 Q Licence (required)