Construction Labourer (Seasonal)
West-Can Seal Coating Inc. (West-Can) is a privately owned road infrastructure company specializing in pavement preservation and roadway construction across Western Canada. With headquarters in Didsbury, Alberta, we have been in business for 32 years.
West-Can is seeking qualified candidates to join our team for the upcoming season.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Set-up and take down of traffic control signs and devices
- Use of hand and power tools, shovels, rakes, jack hammers, plate tampers and squeegees
- Clean and prepare asphalt screeds
- Preserve roadway markings
- Ability to multitask
- Report to site supervisor
- Ability to work extended hours (up to 16 hours per shift)
- Willingness to travel and spend extended time away from home
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- Class 5 or greater driver’s license (Candidates with class 3 license or better are preferred)
- First-Aid & CPR Certificate an asset
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
A successful candidate shall be physically fit, hardworking individual who possesses a strong awareness of work place safety. Candidates must possess the ability to work within a team or independently. Previous experience is an asset, but not required.
Benefits to working with the West-Can Team:
- Competitive pay rates and living allowance
- Benefit packages including health benefits and RRSPs in second season
- Opportunity to beat up school debt and travel across Western Canada
- Ability to advance and grow with a family owned and operated company.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our standard recruitment process, suitable candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and provide us with a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Laborer: 1 year (Preferred)