The Summer Student Administrative Assistant supports the day to day functioning of Archway Society for Domestic Peace by assisting staff with administrative tasks.
Education and Knowledge, Training and Experience
- Must be between 15- 30 years of age (Federal Program Requirement) and have a valid Social Insurance Number.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred (Federal Program Requirement).
- Must provide satisfactory criminal records check and driver’s abstract
- Enrolled in, or graduate of, a related undergraduate program
Skills & Qualifications:
· Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
· High level of commitment to protect confidential information
· High level of computer and phone skills
· Ability to work independently with direction from staff
· Ideal characteristics for this position include: personable, professional, and reliable
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Provide relief reception coverage (answering phones, greeting people )
· Complete office and file organization
· Provide staff support
· Provide administrative assistance with various projects
· Maintains confidentiality of all information related to the organization’s clients and staff.
· Attend regular team meetings
· Perform other related duties as requested
Additional Job Information:
- Job requires the ability to apply tact and diplomacy to deal with sensitive and/or politically charged issues, and to provide secretarial support often under the pressure of short deadlines that may involve flexible extended working hours.
- All employees pass criminal records check and sign a confidentiality agreement to the organization.
- This position requires a valid Class 5 driver’s license and an appropriately insured vehicle in good running order present at work.
- Applicants are advised that an Accredited Facility Dog (AFD) works at our Community Programs building and although she spends most of the time with a Primary Handler, the AFD may also be in common areas during regular work hours.
- 30 hours/week; 8 weeks
Contract length: 8 weeks
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.50 /hour