Change the world through design.
Yorkville University’s Bachelor of Interior Design (BID) is a CIDA accredited and ARIDO recognized program offered online and on-campus. Students are offered the opportunity to connect, collaborate, innovate and enhance the physical world around them through design. Designed for creative minds with a passion for aesthetics and function, the program lays the foundation to creating beautiful, practical, healthy and safe spaces.
Yorkville University has an opening for the role of Studio Technologist, located at the 2000 Steeles campus in Concord, Ontario.
The successful candidate of this position will work with the Bachelor of Interior Design students and faculty to provide incremental support for student success. The role is pivotal to deliver program consistency and stability for students. The candidate in this role is critical to the BID team and student community.
- Conducting student workshops – CAD and Revit, Adobe Suite;
- Liaise with students in a “tutoring” capacity;
- Participate in accreditation archiving and activities as assigned;
- Support program administrative functions and provide relevant reports;
- Contribute to the development of curriculum and instructional materials;
- Coordinate student challenge examinations;
- Active participant in student retention initiatives such as at-risk reporting;
- Participate in open houses, new student orientations, graduation shows/exhibits.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline.
- Two or more years' experience in a related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Current membership/licence with relevant regulatory body preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Proficiency in Auto CAD, Revit, InDesign, Sketch-up, V-ray, Adobe Suite
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- Proficient in manual drafting techniques as well as manual sketching and rendering.
- Proficient in poster design, graphic design, book cover design, name card design, greeting card design using computer and manual techniques.
- High standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff.
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of students, to provide feedback and treat students equitably.
- Learn and use technology to enhance the student learning experience.
If you are interested in helping develop the next generation of interior designers, please send your cover letter and resume to Human Resources.
About Yorkville University
The Bachelor of Interior Design is a CIDA accredited and ARIDO recognized program offered online and on-campus. The program’s practitioner oriented and skills-based approach equips students with the skill required to become an interior designer and launch a rewarding career in a growing and competitive marketplace.
The Bachelor of Interior Design program has a long-standing history with RCC Institute of Technology and the Academy of Design before that. In the last 30 years, the program has evolved into a four-year bachelor’s degree, a reflection of changing industry and professional standards, to meet the current demands of entry-to-practice. In 2017, after the program and the curriculum met accreditation rigours as well as provincial legislative requirements, Ontario’s Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Development granted consent for the transfer of the Bachelor of Interior Design program to Yorkville University.
Founded in 2004, Yorkville University is an accredited Canadian university with leading, professional and practitioner-oriented degree programs. Yorkville currently operates campuses in three provinces: New Brunswick, British Columbia and Ontario.
Please visit www.yorkvilleu.ca for further information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Interior Design: 1 year (Preferred)