ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
AFTERNOON SHIFT - 10 Hour shifts
Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
Perform a variety of technological functions, primarily in support of quality control, research and development, and for protecting the food by implementing food safety and quality strategy and meeting all regulatory, customer, and ARYZTA requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep ingredient and finished product specification up-to-date.
- Writing and updating standard operating procedures for existing and new products.
- Writing and updating sanitation operating procedures for existing and new machinery.
- Set up Genesis database to develop and update nutritional information for existing and new products.
- Assist with GMP and HACCP training of line operators.
- Assist with documentation control and maintenance of Qbase system.
- Conduct shelf life as well as other quality tests required for existing and new products.
- Develop and update labels for new and existing products.
- Assist R&D with sourcing ingredients for plant trials.
- Assist R&D with Crumpet reformulation tests and plant trials.
- Assist QA and R&D departments to prepare for Kosher certification and customer quality audits.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Implement and work in accordance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) regulations.
- Adhere to GMPs and Health and Safety rules as outlined in employee handbook
- Keep work area clean and clear of hazards
- Report any unsafe conditions, incidents or injuries to supervisor immediately
- Use all prescribed personal protective equipment
- Ensure GMP’s and safe food handling practices are being followed
- Follow all GMPs including maintaining personal hygiene, hand washing/sanitizing hands, clean up spills
- Report any foreign material findings
- As part f food security, report any unusual people or behavior
- Perform other duties as required
- Post- secondary education in Food Science, Microbiology or Food Chemistry.
- Good English oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Experience in food manufacturing (production and quality assurance) an asset.
- Willing to work shifts.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 25% of total work time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ARYZTA Limited is a 24 hour/ 7 day manufacturing operation
- The temperature of the environment within the production area can range from 58 - 80
degrees fahrenheit depending on the department
- The production areas are often loud, exceeding 85 decibels, due to the machinery that is
running; earplugs are required to be worn while in the bakery at all times
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
To apply, visit our careers page at ARYZTACareers.com
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.
Job Type: Full-time