Post-Harvest Team Lead / Manager
Location: Saint-Laurent, QC
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the plant harvest until the product is packaged and ready for distribution.
- Lead all post-harvest activities including drying, bucking, trimming, curing packaging, and inventory management.
- Enforce safe work conditions and practices within the harvest/post-harvesting area.
- Enforce company Safety, Health, and Environmental policies
- Ensure proper weighing, data recording, labeling, product tracking, and security throughout the entire post-harvest process in accordance with regulations.
- Budget management for post-harvest labor and supplies.
- Identify and manage cost improvements and lead the execution of cost improvement and productivity ideas.
- Ensure personnel development and performance management planning, including ongoing proficiency training and smooth onboarding of new employees.
- Coordinate with maintenance and sanitation departments to avoid downtime.
- Work closely with the quality assurance and sales team to ensure quality and sales standards.
- Communicate effectively with other department managers to ensure timely resolution of problems and help achieve company goals.
- Strict adherence to procedures and practices according to SOP’s.
- Maintain concise daily records and ensure documentation is accessible and organized in compliance with company SOPs and Health Canada regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education
- University Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a highly regulated environment
- Previous experience using inventory management/production tracking software (ERP, Ample) Ability to complete required paperwork
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in a Health Canada licensed cannabis production facility is an asset
Reference ID: Post Harvest/Montreal
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Cannabis Industry: 1 year (preferred)
- Cannabis Post Harvest: 1 year (preferred)