We are looking for Team Members to help launch our brand-new plant in Whitby. We require versatile team players that have excellent interpersonal skills and are motivated to work in a highly participative work environment. In this role you will be part of a team that assembles the seats for the Chevy Silverado. Employees will learn every job on the team and will rotate through the different positions. If you are interested in working in a true team environment where you have the ability to plan, control and improve your own work processes, then this is the position for you!
- Achieve operator certification according to the plant certification process.
- Adhere to In-Station-Process-Control standards. Do not create, pass on, or accept defect.
- Learn all jobs within the team and participate in regular job rotation.
- Contribute fully to continuous improvement initiatives and suggestions.
- Assure safety standards are followed at all times.
- Adhere to 5S and World Class Housekeeping standards.
- Help the team achieve team performance goals and objectives.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Manufacturing experience an asset.
- Must be able to work shift work Monday to Saturday (days and afternoons), rotating every 2 weeks (subject to change based on GM’s schedule).
- Ability to work overtime as required, with minimal notice.
- Good attendance and performance record.
- Ability to perform a variety of different jobs.
- Ability to use air tools and lift up to 13kg.
- Ability to make continuous improvement suggestions and to communicate these to management.
- Positive attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Extended health and dental care
- Pension plan
- Regular pay increases
Lear Corporation is the leading Tier 1 automotive supplier serving all of the world's major automotive manufacturers with our world-class automotive seating and automotive electrical products. Our products are developed and produced by a diverse, talented team of more than 165,000 people. With operations in 39 countries, Lear operates in every major automotive manufacturing region in the world. For our globally positioned and successful teams, we are looking for dedicated talents with zest for action and enthusiasm. If you love challenges, want to experience development opportunities unrestrained, and want recognition that pays off, then you've come to the right place with Lear.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.90 per hour
- Have you previously worked for Lear?
- Secondary School (required)