We are an electronics manufacturing company specializing in automation products looking for an electronics technician/designer.
- Use CAD program to navigate the PCB.
- Rework PCB’s. We work mostly with the following footprints: 0805, TQFT, SSOP etc.
- Trouble shoot PCB’s. Read schematics to locate components on a PCB. Understand basic electronics and ohms law.
- Test PCB’s. Run basic tests on PCB to verify correct operation. Use laboratory test equipment like Multimeter, Oscilloscope, Signal Generators, testing scripts etc.
- Assemble and Test Product. Mount PCB to the enclosure and test the full assembly.
- Production oversight. You will be responsible for maintaining an established level of quality the products need to meet before shipment.
- Product Design. You will assist in developing and maintaining new and current hardware designs.
- Bachelors in Electronics, Electrical-mechanical or related field
- 2 to 3 years of Canadian work experience
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office and Internet)
- Good English Written and Spoken (French and Chinese would be an asset)
- Production experience (We manufacture and test products in batches; work experience in this sort of environment is an asset)
- Hardware Design experience (Knowledge of the following hardware components and standards will be valuable. MCU, PSU, RS485, Modbus, SPI, I2C etc.)
- Team Work (We function as a tight knit team and the candidate needs to be able to work within this team)
- CAD experience (Orcad, Altium, Eagle etc.)
Position is on contract basis of 6 to 12 months. With the possibility of full-time employment.
Salary $16 to $22 per hour depending on experience.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Canadian work: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Required)