The primary role of the Bilingual Sales Representative - Commodities is to develop and maintain a solid portfolio of customers who consistently buy. This role requires someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is motivated to make cold calls that generate orders versus waiting for an inquiry and gets satisfaction through the overachievement of sales targets. If you are driven to succeed, enjoy a fast-paced highly competitive environment, thrive on delivering a customer-centric experience, and want to earn an above average income – let’s talk!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Develop and nurture a solid base of customers who consistently buy
· Build potential customer lists, using a variety of search methods, constantly growing your prospects
· Cold call prospective potentials in order to qualify them and determine if they are a good fit for Weston Forest
· Maintain and grow existing Weston Forest accounts
· Provide outstanding support to customers by answering incoming customer calls, provided information on the status of orders or stock supply, writing/verifying/tracking orders
· Develop lasting relationships with customers allowing for favorable consideration when buying
· Negotiate regularly and ensure transactions are profitable.
· Achieve new account, sales and gross profit targets, through your daily activities. Meet other KPI’s as needed
· Work closely with lumber buyers and managers to ensure product supply and market awareness
· Assist with accounts receivable collections and customer maintenance as needed
· Travel to visit customers and potentials
· Participate in training and development courses, continuously improving your skill set
· Other duties as required to attain company goals
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
· 3+ Years experience within a fast paced sales environment.
· Entrepreneurial, driven, strong work ethic and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
· Comfortable with commissions being component of annual income.
· Knowledge of softwood lumber and panels coupled with experience selling these products an asset.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes, structural wood products and retail industries an asset.
· Bilingualism/proficiency in French and English is required
· Must have a valid Passport and be able to travel into the United States.
· Has access to an automobile and has a valid driver's license.
· Strong phone sales skills with a confident and personable approach.
· Good business acumen, team approach, professionalism, creativity and persistence.
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with contacts at all levels
· Results-driven, ambitious and self motivated
· Versatile with the ability to quickly change directions
· Strong problem solving skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Sales: 2 years (preferred)