Position: Library Clerk (General) Posted: October 16, 2019
Positions Available: 1 Closing: October 23, 2019 at 2:30pm
Status: Casual – On a as needed basis Pay Range: $16.76- $18.36
Days of Work: Monday- Saturday Hours of Work: Days (possible evenings)
Work Location: Library
- Respond to public inquiries and refer patrons to appropriate resources
- Check library materials in/out
- Assist users with available administrative services (e.g. fax, email, scanning and photocopying)
- Collect and accurately record patron fees and fines
- Schedule room reservations and set-up equipment
- Act as back-up for other Clerks as needed
- Perform other related duties, as necessary or as assigned
- Secondary School Diploma
- 1 year relevant experience in public library
- Successful demonstration of strong interpersonal skills and the ability to problem solve in a customer focused environment
Candidates interested in this opportunity should submit a job posting application (cover letter and resume) on or before the closing date to Human Resources at 175 Queen Street East, P.O. Box 998 St Marys, ON N4X 1B6. To view the complete posting please visit our website at www.townofstmarys.com. Please submit all electronic documents in WORD or PDF format using the naming format “First name_Last name”. A copy of the job description is available from Human Resources.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of St. Marys is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process for all Team Members. Persons requiring accommodation through the recruitment and selection process are required to advise Human Resources of their accommodation requirements at time of initial contact. Information received relating to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially. In accordance with the “Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act”, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $16.76 to $18.36 /hour
- public library: 1 year (Preferred)