Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 employees who demonstrate their commitment every day by constantly seeking to satisfy their customers and by putting their heart into making a difference in the communities we serve.
Our home improvement family operates or services more than 600 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, Dick’s Lumber, and Ace banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
So, join a Canadian leader headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, be part of something bigger as we expand our horizon and discover a world of opportunities!
The Merchandising Service Associate (MSA) is primarily responsible for completing all assigned merchandising reset and service-related projects accurately, on time, and in accordance with merchandising and safety standards.
The MSA follows detailed project instructions to execute merchandising strategy in the stores, ensuring customers are presented with the products that reflect their demands and represent Lowe’s Canada’s strategic vendor partnerships. Store reset displays must always be in working order and satisfy merchandising and safety standards. The MSA is responsible for building displays, processing damaged products, rotating and pricing stock, resolving project issues or questions, checking third party work completion, providing proof of project completion, and monitoring the store for potential security and safety risks.
The Merchandising Service Associate must ensure products and information are alwaysdisplayed to our customers in a way that contributes to an exceptional in-store experience. Merchandising “bay integrity” services to be performed by the MSA includes; setting and maintaining intended planogram designs, organizing top-stock to merchandising standards, ensuring displays are properly functioning, clean, priced, down-stocked, front-facing and detailed.
The Merchandising Service Associate is also responsible for greeting and acknowledging all customers in a friendly/professional manner and partnering the customer with a store associate for more relevant advice.
Product display maintenance and stock availability
- Communicates with Merchandising Service team regarding project priorities, scheduling, and project needs (e.g., materials, supplies, time)
- Reviews and completes all assigned WIRE merchandise reset and service tasks
- Ensures reset merchandise, including top stock, is stocked, fronted, fully packed down, and priced in assigned area according to planogram; takes necessary photos of product displays and bay sets as directed
- Provides project information, updates, and feedback on project execution to Merchandising Service Manager; performs pre- and post-walks
- As part of reset duties, identifies damaged products, removes them from the shelves, delivers them to Return to Manufacturer (RTM) area, and signs off on the products as defective
- Assists in verification of buyback items and ensures they are pulled, prepped, and ready for shipping
- During bay maintenance, installs, maintains, and reorders any damaged signage and product brochures; ensures POP reorder stickers are current, clean, intact, and properly displayed; looks for name, contact #, UPC #, reorder #, and description
- During bay maintenance, cleans, dusts, replaces damaged beams and/or grids, corrects incorrect planogram steel elevations, rotates, and down-stocks items for easier customer access, and ensures displays are in safe, clean, and working order at all times
- During bay maintenance, repair/seal damaged packaging and boxes including peg-hook items
- Operate power equipment, including but not limited to lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment as needed
- Provides feedback and analysis on service execution to store, market, and corporate leaders.
- Identifies and helps to resolve store-level issues
Store safety and cleanliness
- Adheres to all Asset Protection and Safety requirements including top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and use of safety devices
- Successfully completes job aids in conjunction with the position
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, safety and/or other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection
- Ensures all reset displays are safe and in working order and repaired/replaced as needed
- Ensures good housekeeping standards are in place, and programs, such as Zone Recovery, are executed daily to guarantee that the store (including work areas) is clean and organized at all times
### Job Requirements
The qualifications we are looking for
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction)
- Ability to work overnight and weekends as required
- Ability to utilize web-based computer programs to accomplish assigned tasks
- Six (6) months of experience in a store from the Lowe’s Canada network (preferred)
- Six (6) months of experience performing product merchandising tasks including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays (preferred)
- Three (3) months of experience operating power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment (preferred)
- Working knowledge of basic tools needed for the job, such as hand tools, drills, and saws (preferred)
- Task and results oriented, ability to work in a repetitive work environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks to be done
- Ability to react to unexpected outcomes in a timely manner
- Be open to feedback
Working hours and working conditions
- Full-time: standard schedule from 6am to 3pm, Monday to Friday (may vary depending on the complexity of the project)
- Part-time: standard schedule from 6 am to 3 pm, 3 days per week, excluding the weekend (may vary depending on the complexity of the project)
- Personal safety equipment mandatory when performing MST duties
- Ability to work standing, bending, sitting and / or walking continuously and completing a full day's work, including scheduled breaks
- Ability to do the following movements: bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing (ladders, stairs), balancing and / or crouching daily to perform their duties
- Handle and move objects (products, equipment, etc.) that can weigh up to 50lbs
- Move heavy objects using the appropriate equipment