Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Manager, Events & Member Recognition, the Centennial Research Assistant & Writer is a term position responsible for the research, analysis, and compilation of historical data related to APEGA’s 100-year history, as well as the composition of a variety of written pieces to support the Association's centennial activities
- Research the history of APEGA and engineering and geoscience in Alberta using internal and external resources, including paper files, archived material, online resources, and museum content
- Interview and possible video recording of key people in the engineering and geoscience professions, including previous APEGA Councilors, Past Presidents, volunteers, etc.
- Obtain historical photographs about the professions that APEGA can use to promote its centennial
- Produce content for different media, including websites, magazines, newsletters, and social media
- Write copy for online purposes consistent with message strategy
- Understand the APEGA brand and deliver accurate, on-target creative material that is consistent across all media
Skills & Attributes
- Short- and long-form writing for different media
- Appropriate research and compilation methods
- Knowledge of a broad range of research techniques, web-based research, paper files, and personal interviews
- Able to research and analyze research material for suitability
- Skill in organizing archival material
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple assignments at once to meet deadlines
- Talent for out-of-the-box thinking
- Passionate about storytelling; being able to make research material relevant
- Experience writing for social media platforms and adapting writing for each
- Proficiency in writing clear, grammatically correct copy and content
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent initiative and work under minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with a variety of audiences in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience writing for clients
- Experience with writing for online media
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources.
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
_Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted_.
Job Type: Temporary