Pro Funds Mortgages is a boutique mortgage company with 20 years of expertise in real estate acquisitions, development, and mortgage finance. Our sister company Valour Capital specializes in sourcing, capitalizing, and managing real estate projects. We are a fast growing and dynamic team and have an immediate opportunity in our Burlington, Ontario headquarters!
The Senior Manager, Mortgage Origination will direct and oversee our mortgage underwriting team, with a focus on growth and business development. This team is primarily responsible for evaluating the credit worthiness of our clients based on established criteria, working with the goal of increasing both efficiency and approval ratios while maintaining outstanding customer service.
- Stay up to date with industry and market trends, including current lending guidelines and competition
- Establish, grow, and maintain positive relationships with all external partners, including lawyers and referral sources
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the mortgage underwriting team
- Proactively organize workflow to maintain outstanding customer service while meeting high performance targets
- Adjudicate mortgage applications while ensuring compliance with company policies, laws, and regulations
- Determine borrower suitability by analyzing employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other pertinent information
- Be directly accountable for ensuring submissions are complete and accurate before sending to lenders for approval
- Proactively select lenders that meet both the team’s and the client’s stated goals and negotiate with lenders on approvals and conditions where applicable
- Ensure thorough training and on boarding for new team members as the team grows!
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in mortgage underwriting
- Active Mortgage Agent License
- Demonstrated experience with B-Lending and private financing
- Expert knowledge of credit and mortgage underwriting practices
- An analytical mind with a keen attention to detail
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated record of outstanding customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to thrive in high performance, high volume work environment while managing tight deadlines
- Be a positive and adaptable team player who approaches everyday with a willingness to learn and contribute to an enthusiastic team!
WHAT WE OFFER
- A beautiful work environment with abundant natural lighting
- Delicious coffee
- Awesome People!
Pro Funds Mortgages and Valour Capital welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mortgage Brokerage: 7 years (Preferred)