Ryder is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as an Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic to service and maintain our fleet of heavy-duty and medium-duty diesel and gasoline powered trucks. The successful candidate should be enrolled in an apprenticeship program and working toward their provincial License. As an Apprentice Mechanic, you will have access to mentorship and development from a team of strong technicians. In addition, Ryder provides support to continue your training and growth toward a fully Licensed Technician role through educational tuition reimbursement and salary top up during your apprenticeship course work.
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable and reliable apprentice to begin a rewarding career with us. Ryder is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as an Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic to service and maintain our fleet of heavy-duty and medium-duty diesel and gasoline powered trucks. The successful candidate should be enrolled in an apprenticeship program and working toward their provincial License.
- Safety conscious, ability to work in a safety driven environment
- Enrollment in apprenticeship program
- Familiarity with vendors' technical bulletins
- Proficiency with all tools of the trades; knowledge of shop machines and power tools
- PC literate, reliable and team-oriented with solid customer service skills
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
The servicing of heavy duty and medium duty diesel or gasoline powered trucks, including:
- The light repair of engines or engine components
- Vehicle inspections
- Lubrications and oil changes
- Assisting the Lube Technicians and Service Employees as required
- Keeping the shop clean
- Customer relations - dealing with both internal and external customers
What Ryder Offers
- Multiple benefit plan options for full time employees. Choose a benefit plan that best suits your individual or family needs
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (GRRSP) with broad investment options and lower fees
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan with company match of your GRRSP contributions – dollar-for-dollar after 1 year of employment
- Registered Defined Contribution Pension Plan after 1 year of employment
- Online recognition program that allows employees to be recognized from managers and coworkers and awarded points to cash in for gifts, gift cards, etc.
- Tool and boot allowance
- Tuition reimbursement for Apprenticeship programs
- Discounted pricing on vehicle rental, gym membership, select automotive vehicles, select hotels and more
- Continuous training through regular online and in-class sessions
- National and International skills competition for licensed technicians with pay increases based on accomplishment
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
Please speak to a member of Ryder’s recruitment team for more details on these programs.
Ryder is an equal opportunity employer. We value Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace and encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)