Starsky Fine Foods in Mississauga (3115 Dundas Street West) is currently recruiting for a full-time Jr. Graphic Designer.
The Jr. Graphic Designer is responsible for assisting in flyer production, signage and taking photos. As well as providing administrative support to various departments and staff, maintaining and updating information in the company’s database system, and assisting with invoicing and other financial documents.
This position is responsible for:
- Gathering product lists and prices from all departments for flyer purposes.
- Assist in creating flyer using Adobe Illustrator
- Editing the early version of the flyer and checking prices, descriptions and photos.
- Gathering flyer products and taking photos.
- Editing photos on Adobe Photoshop
- Creating complete flyer layout spreadsheets on bi-weekly basis.
- Using POS system programming to make sure prices and codes of products are correct
- Making sure that department managers are aware of the flyer content and changes before it is finalized.
- Assisting department managers with their printing needs (signs, labels, stickers, etc.)
- Contact suppliers via e-mail or by telephone and request missing invoices.
- Assist the Bookkeeper with invoicing.
- Other duties as assigned by management to meet business needs.
- Minimum high school education is required.
- Previous experience in an office environment.
- Previous office experience in a grocery industry definite asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of POS systems definite asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Quick Books software.
- Good time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good telephone etiquette and ability to communicate with all levels within an organization, including senior executives.
- Knowledge of the Polish language is considered an asset but is not required.
We offer competitive salary, health and dental benefits, dynamic work environment, and opportunity for growth.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
Starsky Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Starsky Fine Foods will provide accommodations throughout all stages of the hiring process, upon requests from candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
- Illustrator software: 1 year (Preferred)