As a key member of the Customer Experience Centre (West), reporting to the Delivery Manager, the Delivery Coordinator is responsible for proactively directing and dispatching the daily work schedules of our propane delivery drivers to effectively and efficiently meet customer delivery needs. Utilizing logistics skills the Delivery Coordinator will review and manage orders, removing obstacles and be responsible for updating and maintaining re-occurring fuel orders and daily activity within the routing system.
Please note this is a contract position for the duration of 12-18 months.
1. Build positive, collaborative relationships with all points of contact and utilize available resources to successfully meet customer needs and expectations of an on-delivery.
2. Act as the primary point of contact for Drivers for daily work and ensuring order fulfillment. Monitor the progress and execution of the work plans and adjust forecasting accordingly. If necessary, approve and authorize overtime.
3. Plan and finalize routes accuracy and efficiency prior to assigning daily work plans.
4. Collaborate with the Market Manager on issues encountered by the Driver, including routing or scheduling issues or conflicts and fleet contingency plans when required.
5. Confirm and reschedule delivery requirements, create recurring orders as required to increase efficiency and prevent out of gas (OOG) occurrences and improve response / delivery time for a positive customer experience. Conduct interval analysis to ensure effective and timely delivery and maximize fill rate and fleet utilization to optimize the delivery.
6. Collaborate with the Market Manager to update and provide feedback on day-to-day operations, driver shift activities and the achievement of performance standards. Immediately notify the Market Manager of any safety, performance and attendance issues or successes. The Market Manager, as the direct manager of the Driver, will then manage the situation accordingly, addressing performance gaps to performance standards.
7. Ensure the integrity of data within Roadnet Transportation Suite and the Customer ERP in maintaining accurate delivery records and customer locations.
8. Review, manage, and update delivery work orders and Daily Driver Report (DDR) on a daily basis with information received from Drivers to ensure accuracy.
9. Comply and consistently utilize standard processes and procedures to effectively manage customer and operational needs. Promote adherence to all relevant Regulatory and Safety requirements, both legislated and internal standards.
10. Coordinate with the Regional Supply and Transportation Specialist (RSTS) to update to forecast regional supply requirements.
11. Flexibility in work hours and shifts as workload demands through peak season.
12. Oversee and manage driver hours collaborating with the Market Manager to meet customer delivery demand.
- Minimum grade 12 education, preferably with relevant post-secondary education and/or technical certification in operations, logistics or supply chain management.
- Minimum three (3) years previous logistics and / or service coordination experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Well-developed decision making and strategic thinking skills as well as highly developed analytical skills, sound judgement and problem solving abilities are required.
- Proven customer-focused work style, with strong communication and organizational skills to meet our customer expectations.
- Intermediate computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office are required and previous experience with Customer ERP system, Road Net and/or mapping technology is preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable National and Provincial regulations with respect to Propane or Natural Gas Service activities
- Working knowledge of applicable Departments of Transportation and Employment Standards as it relates specifically to the trucking/driving and transportation of dangerous goods.
- Safety and technical knowledge, with the ability to respond effectively to emergencies.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”