You will be responsible for maintaining quality-assurance processes, testing products, and recording and analyzing results data during product development and manufacturing.You will also follow through on set processes and ensure adherence to best production practices and product quality standards, as well as monitoring the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of product output.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Can read schematic diagram for cable assemblies and wire harnesses
* Knowledge of IPC-WHMA-A-620
Legal authorization to work in Canada required.
- Able to read drawings, schematics and meticulous attention to detail
- Inspect, test, or measure materials or products being produced and be able to report inspection and test results.
- Ability to measure products with rulers, calipers, gauges, or tape measures
- Ability to translate skills and knowledge to others for continuous improvements.
You are meticulous in your work, skilled in quality processes and statistical techniques and knowledgeable about measurement and test equipment. Attention to detail and because Quality Control Technicians often work as part of an integrated team, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are important. Intermediate computer skills would also be an asset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk to hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust to focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Control Inspection: 3 years (Required)
- ISO9001: 1 year (Preferred)
- IPC/WHMA-A-620: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)