Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. (“RBH”), Philip Morris International’s subsidiary in Canada, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to deliver a smoke-free future.
In P&C (People & Culture - our HR function), we have a huge part to play, defining and shaping our new customer-focused culture, organizing functions to work more effectively together and attracting the best talent with new types of skills to join us. It’s an exciting, ever-changing environment – If you’re excited by the challenge of shaping things from the ground up, you’ll be in your element here. There’s endless space to develop.
Are you a dynamic individual who is passionate about people, and is constantly looking for ways to enhance the employee experience? Are you a self-starter with exceptional drive? Do you have curiosity for learning new things and do you have a passion for process improvement? If the answer is yes, then we’d like to hear from you!
About the team
You will be part of a highly diverse and motivated team who puts the voice of employees at the core of everything we do in order to build desirable and consistent experiences that enable our employees to be at their best in the best environment. Each team member is empowered and strives to bring meaningful solutions. We treat each other with respect and work together as one team working towards one shared goal. We champion a supportive and inclusive work environment through collaboration and by constantly sharing learnings and best practices.
Enough about us, let’s talk about how YOU will contribute to the success of the team. As a Benefits Specialist you will:
- Act as the main point of contact for employee benefits related inquiries and manage the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, disability and other leave of absence, life insurance, wellness account, etc.)
- Design, develop and deploy Health & Well-Being initiatives and programs to promote and encourage healthy lifestyle habits
- Analyze, interpret and translate employee data from a broad range of sources to identify new pattern or offer new insights.
- Narrate data-based insights clearly and make recommendations to stakeholders based on the needs of the audience to positively influence others.
- Lead our benefits program by accurately maintaining employee records and thoroughly reviewing the benefits contracts as well as assist and collaborate in the annual contract renewal process.
- Manage all leaves of absence by providing proactive support to different stakeholders such as line managers, disability case managers and P&C Managers to ensure a smooth reintegration of the employee back into the workforce.
- Assess eligibility, conduct new hire benefit orientation sessions and administer the plan on Sun Life’s Oasis system in accordance with the plan.
- Review and audit accuracy of rates and membership between the SAP Payroll system and Sun Life’s Oasis system.
- Manage the annual Open Enrollment process including drafting communications, plan design changes, UAT, answering employee questions, and auditing enrollment data.
- Manage vendor relationships and lead review meetings to ensure exceptional employee experience and high level of service.
- Be responsible for accurately processing monthly benefit billings & reconciling year-end taxable benefit to ensure data accuracy and tax compliance.
- Create and execute employee communication campaigns around employee benefits programs designed to inform, educate and engage employees on benefits and wellbeing initiatives.
- Monitor and manage the responsibilities of the company for Health & Safety regulations and AODA compliance.
- Monitor benefit trends and stay abreast of applicable benefits legislation, analyze, and interpret existing and statutory requirements governing benefits plans and recommend an appropriate course of action.
- Support with pension enquiries, new member orientation, government filings and Pension Board preparation.
Let’s talk about what you bring.
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Human Resources, Business, Finance, or related field of study preferred
- 5 -7 years of Canadian related benefits experience
- Ability to work effectively across functional lines in a global matrixed environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail
- Detail-oriented, while still maintaining awareness of the big picture
- Strong organizational, planning and time/project management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative, environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office. Presentation Skills. Advanced excel and PowerPoint.
- Data Driven with a critical thinking approach, strong Analytical and Data mining skills
- Vendor management skills; Relationship management across all levels of organization
- CHRL or CEBS designation an asset
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to join an organization where you can grow in a wide range of business functions. You will have the chance to build your professional expertise, business understanding, and leadership capabilities in a collaborative, challenging environment where we will empower you to take risks, experiment and explore. Our company fosters excellence in execution and is comprised of dedicated people all working together to continue to grow our status as industry leaders.
We offer our employees a competitive salary, an attractive compensation package, including flexible work schedules (where applicable), health and wellness programs, and attractive benefits options. You will also be a part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
WHO WE ARE
We are Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc., Philip Morris International’s subsidiary in Canada. Today we are Canada's second largest tobacco company. In addition, RBH Inc. was awarded Top Employer for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2022. We currently employ over 800 people throughout our six corporate and sales offices and our factory.
Our parent company PMI is one of the world’s leading international tobacco companies. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of smoke-free products.
Click on the following link to learn more about what RBH believes: https://www.rbhinc.ca/home/what-we-believe
Rothmans, Benson & Hedges is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all current and prospective employees, as well as to promoting a culture of inclusion and respect for everyone. We celebrate the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment, and we recognize that each employee brings their own unique capabilities, experiences, and perspectives to the organization. It is this diversity that adds value to our teams, as well as to our stakeholders.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, marital/family status (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, immigrant and newcomer status, gender identity/expression, age, citizenship, or disability. We consider qualified applicants who have passed the criminal background checks, consistent with legal requirements.
We strive to recognize and value diversity and equity, and to ensure the inclusion of underrepresented groups and the four designated groups: women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We value, respect, and equally support applicants from these groups.
We welcome and encourage applicants to reach their full potential with us. If you are unable to apply for a position online, or require any further accommodation during our recruitment process, please contact: [email protected]
Follow us on social media:
RBH LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rothmans-benson-hedges-inc/
RBH website: https://www.rbhinc.ca/