We're Opening 2 POP-UP Shops and we are having a Virtual Job Fair!
When: Thursday October 14th between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
How it works: Virtual interview will be conducted using Microsoft Teams platform.
How to participate: Please be sure to review job posting below and apply to be considered. If you are selected you will be contacted to schedule an interview time.
We look forward to meeting with you!
PenguinPickUp is a cutting-edge, e-commerce company offering a network of free, convenient pick-up points for all your online purchases. Since our launch in 2014 we have opened over 100 locations across Canada, many of which feature access to the PenguinPickUp Online Market, where you can shop high quality products, fresh produce and other grocery items.
First impressions count, and we need you to help make them memorable! As a growing organization we are looking for individuals who thrive in a fluid, changing environment and who want to interact with some of the largest retailers in the world. We offer opportunities to gain experience in a variety of areas such as: customer service, e-commerce, sales, marketing, social media, operations and local food.
As an employee of PenguinPickUp you can expect:
- An exceptional opportunity to shape the online shopping experience of the future;
- A commitment to continuous learning and development;
- A culture which values and respects employee needs;
- An entrepreneurial environment where employees are encouraged to try new things.
Some perks you will receive while working for us include:
- Free uniform
- Flexible Schedule
- Comprehensive Training
- Employee Referral program
- PEAK SEASON PERKS COMING SOON!!
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are looking to work for a company at the forefront of e-commerce, PenguinPickUp is for you. Contact us and let’s start a conversation.
Job Title: Parcel Concierge
Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor
Locations: Yorkdale Mall & Square One Shopping Centre
As a Parcel Concierge, you are tasked to provide customers with an exceptional experience by quickly and efficiently attending to their orders and ensuring they leave our store satisfied every time. Part of this process includes ensuring all orders are received and organized in a timely manner such that they are easily and quickly accessible to anyone on staff to be able to immediately service our customers.
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Servicing customers at front desk by delivering their packages;
- Organizing shoppers’ purchases per the work instructions;
- Must be able to work in varied outdoor temperatures to assist with curb side pickup, and sustain physical activity levels over time;
- Being able to lift up to 50lbs, squatting, standing for a prolonged period and walking throughout the shift while adhering to all Health and Safety requirements;
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment inside and outside of the locations including but not limited to; rearrangement of packages, daily cleaning opening and closing tasks to be completed;
- Notifying clients that packages are ready for pick up;
- Responding to customer’s email inquiries and issues in a timely manner;
- Tracking & reporting key statistics as requested;
- Tracking and reporting deliveries as needed;
- Following all processes as outlined in the by the PenguinPickUp Handbook;
- Work towards achieving individual and unit sales targets;
- Organize, clean and straighten shelves, products and signage;
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum a High School Diploma or equivalent, or currently in process;
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience delivering exceptional customer service;
- Must be able to adapt to high volume / fast paced environment;
- Maintain a positive attitude when faced with difficult situations;
- Enjoy working in a team environment or on your own;
- Must be organized and able to multitask and prioritize workload;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with people of all levels;
- Must be willing and able to work shift work and work overtime as per business and operational demands;
- Must be computer literate and comfortable operating and understanding new technologies;
Working Conditions & Examples of Types of Items Delivered:
- Must be willing and able to wear the required uniform;
- Maintain a clean and presentable appearance at all times.
Examples of Types of Items Picked
- Books, Electronics, small to large clothing items, Cosmetics
PenguinPick-Up Associates are Client Focused. We know that our clients are very busy, and we strive to make our clients experience as Convenient and easy as possible. We believe that Team Work is the only way we will be able to deliver our consistent world class service at every Penguin Pick-Up location.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Expected start date: 2021-11-01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- What is your availability to work (Hours & Days / Shifts per week)?
- Are you comfortable with physical movements such as lifting, moving items and walking for extended periods?
- Can you comfortably and safely lift 50lbs (23kgs) without issue?
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)