Who are we?
Bellmere Winds Resort & Golf is located in Keene, Ontario just outside Peterborough on Rice Lake. Bellmere Winds is a beautiful, challenging 18 Hole championship golf course for all levels incredible views of Rice Lake and is part of the Great Blue Resorts family.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Golf Course Superintendent responsible for operation and maintenance of our golf course property. You would report to the Resort General Manager and be responsible for managing all aspects of the golf course including the golf course and surrounding areas, as well as managing the turf maintenance crew. You would provide our members with an excellent quality golf course by continuously improving our course and grounds through proven maintenance practices throughout the season.
What's in it for you?
- Attractive Compensation package
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Generous vacation allowance
- Permanent fulltime position
What are your responsibilities?
- Monitor and adjust plan as required based on the needs of the operation
- Manage operational and capital budgets
- Hire, train, develop and manage team supporting job descriptions and position standards
- Ensure playing conditions are at a high level
- Property and asset management maintaining turf grass/plant material maintenance programs
- Scheduling/maintenance or irrigation systems, pesticide applications
- Properly close the course for winter by making appropriate and timely end-of-season chemical and fertilization applications
- Ensure safe, efficient operations are met or exceed performance goals and objectives
- Ensure all record requirements are met in yearly environmental audit (IPM accreditation, record keeping)
- Partner with resort team to ensure a clean, safe and well-maintained property
- A minimum of 5 years on-course experience in all facets of turf and golf course management and a degree or diploma in turf grass management
- IPM certification/commitment to obtain
- High standards of excellence and attention to detail
- Know-how in maintaining, irrigation systems, setting reels and mechanical tasks
- Willingness to work hours as needed to complete tasks
- Awareness and appreciation of safe working and environmental practices
- Landscape Exterminator’s License
- Valid driver’s license
- Chainsaw and CPR/first aid certificate desired
- Ability to maintain and repair irrigation equipment as well as other golf course equipment.
If you are looking for a fulltime long-term career with a growing company, forward your resume for a prompt interview.
Great Blue Resorts is committed employment equality regardless of national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Great Blue Resorts welcomes and encourages applications from disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Golf property maintenance: 5 years (Required)