GRANT WRITER / FUND DEVELOPER
Community Family Services of Ontario offers linguistically sensitive and culturally responsive counselling, family services, newcomer settlement, and disabilities and special needs services to enhance the functioning and the quality of life of individuals and families.
Position Title: Grant Writer / Fund Developer
Position Type: 1 External Consultant for 35 hours a week till March 31, 2021, with the possibility of extension
Start Date: August / September 2020
Reporting to: Executive Director
· Prepare, submit, and track proposals and supplementary documentation for government, foundations and corporate grants.
· Manage and grow a comprehensive database and calendar of grant and sponsorship opportunities.
· Manage the fulfillment of grant reporting obligations. Support and develop fulfillment systems.
· Maintain and build relationships with grantors and sponsors.
· Research grant and sponsorship opportunities that meet the unique needs of the organization.
· Fulfill our agency’s commitment to third-party fundraising events on our behalf.
· Empowers the Board of Directors and staff with tools and training on fund and program development.
· Support agency fundraising projects as requested.
· Develop communication, marketing, and fundraising strategies and materials for various media.
· Meet with organizational leaders and develop new programs and income-generating strategies.
· Other duties as reasonably assigned by the Executive Director.
- Successful completion of university post-secondary education or equivalent job-related experience.
- Technical business writing experience required.
· Minimum 1 year of grant writing experience with nonprofits.
· Track record of successful grant writing and fundraising communication. CFRE certification an asset.
· Knowledge and experience working with organizations in the ethnic community.
· Demonstrated ability to write clear, well-structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
· Ability to build strong relationships among donors, staff, volunteers and the public.
· Outstanding organizing, project management, time management and planning skills.
· Proactive, independent, and self-starting, with advisory aptitude, and strong multi-tasking skills.
· High familiarity with common social media networks.
- Fluency in Verbal & Written English. Proficiency in Mandarin and Cantonese an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, subject matter expert, and business advisor.
- Willingness and ability to work days/evenings, and occasional weekends as required.
- Clearance from a Vulnerable Sector Police Screening.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $45.00 per hour
- Grant Writing: 1 year (Required)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19