9020BR - OD
Job Description and Requirements
Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? Do you consider yourself a high performer? Are you always looking for ways to improve your skills and the work you do? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental has more than 9,000 employees, the majority of which are based in Canada, the United States and Latin America. Following the transformational acquisition of Coveris Americas, TC Transcontinental’s consolidated pro forma revenues are estimated at C$3.3 billion for fiscal 2017. With our 3 business segments in Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
This position will be part of our Premedia team. Our Premedia team is the largest division of its kind in Canada. With over 500 talented employees in our group, we are proud to provide our national retail and CPG customers with key services ranging from creative, photo/video, language services, production, packaging and technology solutions. You will join this very passionate and dynamic team, in an exciting environment that is second to none!
About this opportunity
As Chief Accountant you will support the Controller in preparing monthly financial statements, budgets and forecasts for the Premedia group. You will liaise with Operations, Sales and Head Office to ensure effective and timely reporting in accordance to the administrative and financial policies and procedures of the company.
What you will do
- Support the preparation of monthly financial statements and KPI reports
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries ensuring proper back-ups and timely upload
- Review and coordinate reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and analyze variances of the sales and costs of operations
- Prepare reports and analyses on sales and labour, Capex spending, and other ad-hoc requests and projects as required
- Support the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budget
- Ensure that 52-109, Internal Audit and TC policies are followed and identify and report instances when they are not
- Day to day supervision of an Accounting Analyst and Billing Analyst
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you have to offer
- A university degree or college diploma in accounting or related field
- Possess or working towards CPA
- 4+ years of accounting experience is required with comprehensive knowledge of the accounting cycle and accounting principles
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time while prioritizing based on the importance/impact to the organization
- Advanced MS Excel skills, and intermediate working knowledge of all other MS office tools
- Demonstration of independence and eagerness in executing tasks on time
- Effective problem solving and resolution skills
- High attention to detail, organized with the ability to work with various levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues, exercise good judgement and proactively respond to requests
- Bilingualism is an asset
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs;
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
Learn more about us
TC Transcontinental Printing
Job Type: Full-time