Transform the way the world runs networks
As a Consulting Engineer - Fraud you will be performing daily data center operations based activities for Sandvine’s key accounts. You’ll use your excellent attention to detail and investigative skills to monitor, identify and lead to resolution potential issues on a high availability production environment. Issues that are outside of your knowledge domain will be escalated to Sandvine’s customer support for further investigation while you play a key role in communicating status updates to the customer and scheduling further investigation activities as require until resolution.
- Daily monitoring/testing of critical Fraudulent IPTV plugins/providers, system health, logs , alarms with a sense of urgency when issues arise
- Analyze & troubleshoot critical Fraudulent IPTV Applications traffic and detect problems through the use of essential software tools (traffic sniffers, simulators, traffic detection, logs)
- Design and develop new solutions for identifying/monitoring Fraudulent IPTV traffic
- Lead the analysis/Reverse Engineering/ and discussion with other departments in order to solve and prevent Fraudulent IPTV detection issues
- Submitting and escalation of issues into Engineering as needed
- Accountability for Fraudulent IPTV related Case management and ensuring that they are resolved
What Skills You Bring
- Minimum of 5 year experience in a technical role
- Degree or diploma from a technical institute (e.g. IT, Computer Science)
- Hands-on Unix experience (BSD/Linux/Solaris)
- Technical background with a strong understanding of networking (specifically IP related technologies)
- Excellent knowledge and operating experience in IPTV/Video streaming and related protocols and architecture
- Excellent understanding of end-to-end network call flows, as well as relevant technologies & protocols (DHCP, RADIUS, DIAMETER, GRE, SIP, RTP, MGCP, H.323,RTCP,HLS,HDS,RTMP, …)
- Good experience in Data communication industry with different operator networks for Wireline (Cable, DSL, FTTH) and/or Wireless (Satellite, WiFi, LTE, GPRS-3G, CDMA-3G, WiMAX, GSM, UMTS)
- Deep Experience with programming and/or scripting , Python, R , Java, Perl , TCL , C/C++with complete SDLC and PoC experience and SQL Database
- Excellent troubleshooting, investigative and problem solving
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Traffic analysis in depth using tools like Wireshark, TCPDump and others
- Positive can-do attitude in stressful situations is required
- Ability to manage challenges and set priorities in a complex environment
- Experience in Quality Assurance testing
- Hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and/or operation of network equipment such as Cisco, Juniper or other network hardware manufacturers
- Knowledge in virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM), deployment of Openstack
- Understanding of NFV particularly around MANO/ONAMP
- Good understanding of billing and charging concepts and experience with Online Charging and Policy Enforcement (OCS, PCRF, PCEF)
- Knowledge of industry models and best practices (eg. Scrum, ITIL etc)
- Experience of data modelling, DB administration, SQL/PostgreSQL, ETL and/or BI in general
Networks are evolving, and operators need to keep up. At Sandvine, we’re working with innovative customers who are looking to embrace change and constantly improve. By combining analytics, machine learning, and automation, we help hundreds of network operators around the world make their networks run simpler and smarter – all while exceeding their expectations.
As a Sandviner, you’ll take on new challenges, learn from industry leaders, and contribute to creative solutions as part of a growing team that is transforming the way the world runs networks.
What Can You Expect From Us
- Competitive salary
- Benefits and vacation from day one
- Commitment to employee health and well-being (e.g. on-site chiropractor and massage therapist, work from home opportunities, monthly fitness challenges)
- International travel opportunities
Sandvine Applicant Data Protection Authorization
Thank you for your interest in Sandvine. In order to consider you for possible employment with Sandvine, we need to collect and process some of your personal data. Please read the following Sandvine Data Protection Authorization and provide your consent to collect and process your personal information for employment consideration. Your data will be retained by Sandvine in our global recruitment system located in Canada for a period of five years.
The information you are submitting to Sandvine is considered personal information and may be protected by worldwide data protection laws, including but not limited to the Canadian PIPEDA and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Sandvine takes data privacy compliance very seriously and is committed to compliance with all applicable privacy laws. Sandvine requires your permission to collect, process, use, store, and share your personal information, as well as transfer this information to our recruitment system. Sandvine will not share, sell, or rent your personal information with or to third parties for their personal use without your consent. Access to your data will be strictly limited to Sandvine’s Staffing Operations, Recruitment Personnel, Sandvine Hiring Managers, and relevant employees selected to conduct employment interviews. Any individual requiring access to your personal data as part of his/her job responsibilities is trained on data privacy laws and held accountable for compliance.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to this authorization, including providing consent to collect your personal data for the purpose of potential employment or an internship with Sandvine. We will not be able to accept applications otherwise.
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role.
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability.
If you have an interview or workplace accommodation request, please contact our Global Talent Acquisition Team at careers @sandvine.com.
Job Type: Full-time