A part of The Travel Corporation family of brands, Lion World Travel specializes in group and individual tours to Southern Africa including such destinations as South Africa, Botswana, Kenya, Namibia and so much more. All of our staff have first-hand knowledge of Southern Africa and can confidently assist you in organizing a pleasurable and trouble free trip. Booking of hotel accommodations and conference facilities, both luxury and economy, are expertly taken care of by our agents.
Lion World Travel has a position for a full time Reservations Consultantat their office at 33 Kern Road in Toronto, Ontario.
Only applicants with an excellent knowledge of South, Southern and East Africa and with experience in selling these areas as vacation destinations will be considered.
- Respond to telephone calls and emails requesting information on Lion World Travel trips
- Accurately establish clients requirements and offer advice and information on what product would best fit these requirements
- Create itineraries, including flights, accommodation and excursions using our preferred suppliers
- Convert leads received via email and telephone to bookings
- Book services as required
- Keep administration work up-to date
- Build close, professional relationships with clients
- Follow up with clients after their return home
- Attend staff training sessions
- Keep up to date with suppliers and products
- Other duties as assigned
Key required skills
- 4 years of experience selling South Africa, Southern and Eastern Africa
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven sales ability
- A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility, coupled with a courteous and professional manner
- Organizational and administration skills
- Strong computer skills including working on Salesforce and of course Microsoft Office
- GDS knowledge - preferably Amadeus
- A commitment to provide excellent customer service
- Detail oriented with a positive and passionate personality.
The Travel Corporation. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
Job Type: Full-time
- Travel Planning specialized in Africa: 3 years (Preferred)