Opportunity: Production Maintenance Supervisor
Primary Location: West Kelowna, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia
Be part of building something for generations to come…
Mission Hill offers experiences like no other, and our mission is to show the world how the Okanagan Valley is a leader in wine. From our stunning location perched atop the sweeping hills of West Kelowna, guests overlook rows of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay enjoying world-class service in our award wining restaurant, attending one of our Private Events such as our Concert Series or simply joining in our Wine Boutique.
We’re a proudly Canadian company committed to developing talent from within. From our Wine Career Development Program to our mission of filling 80% of roles internally, we seek to ensure our people are invested in, supported, challenged, and offered exposure to the diverse careers in the world of wine.
The Production Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of equipment maintenance throughout the winery including areas in packaging, cellars, and harvest. This is a key role at the winery to ensure wine processing and bottling equipment is operating as intended with minimal downtime and high reliability. It requires a high level of technical knowledge, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the day to day maintenance of the production and cellars equipment
- Includes maintenance of packaging equipment such as uncasers, rinsers, fillers, corkers, cappers, capsulators, date coders, labellers, packers, carton erectors and sealers, sticker applicators, conveyors, carton erectors, palletizers, and stretch wrappers. Cellars equipment includes tanks, pumps, transfer lines, pneumatics valves, filtrations systems, along with grape processing equipment such as grape presses, optical sorting equipment, bin handling equipment, etc.
- Perform delegation and follow up of work order and preventive maintenance tasks to employees
- Schedule and direct union maintenance personnel to ensure efficient use of resources
- The ability to handle grievances and conduct investigations
- Supervise, hire and coach personnel
- Ensure preventative maintenance programs are completed and modified based on breakdowns
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to maintenance team in the event of equipment failures
- Monitor packaging changeovers and coordinate production schedules with maintenance employees
- Organize crew and equipment for scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance; coordinate with the production department to prioritize work
- Completes regular monitoring and inspections of equipment and systems and provides recommendations for enhancement or repairs
- Coordinate vendor managed maintenance on material handling equipment, scissor lifts, air compressors, nitrogen generation and water treatment equipment
- Responsible for equipment maintenance budget including processing of expenditures and invoices
- Respond to equipment emergencies and prioritize the completion of work order requests
- Utilize computerized assets management software to ensure equipment preventative maintenance is completed on time and work completed on equipment is documented
- Follow and manage building HACCP & GMP programs
- Maintain all equipment documentation, records, and drawings and update/digitize as required
- Available and willing to work shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise.
- Coordinate equipment vendors for onsite service work
- Monitor and report on mechanical downtimes, utilize system for minor production improvements
Administer equipment parts purchasing and inventory
- Maintain parts inventory in maintenance management software include the administering of purchase orders, receiving parts, organizing parts areas, and cycle counting
- Recommend and initiate purchase of spare parts inventory
- Ensure all parts and repair materials are purchased in a cost-effective manner within current company purchasing policies.
Provides leadership and expertise in the planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation of various capital projects
Provide maintenance support for building and facilities maintenance team as required
- 5 years of progressive career experience, preferably in the field of equipment maintenance management or related industry.
- Experience managing Unionized employees
- Experience in a food or beverage production/processing environment considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office/AutoCAD/EnteliWEB/PLC Programing
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Education in electrical, millwright or other mechanical certification or engineering degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent