· Operating a cube van conduct deliveries on predetermined route using a GeoTab GPS system to provide accurate on time delivery to multiple retail locations. Assigned delivery routes will vary from time to time.
· Strict adherence to completion of all documentation according to SOPs including; manifests, obtaining signatures, use of safety tabs etc.
· At a Metro hub or spoke DC load totes with product into the van for delivery in a manner that prevents damage to the product.
· Adhere to Metro’s safe motor vehicle driving methods, as well as, strict adherence to all Provincial motor vehicle laws.
· Maintain a clean delivery van, perform daily pre/post shift safety inspections and advise the Supervisor of any concerns or service recommendations.
· Follow all SOPs regarding the safeguarding of Metro and its Customers property against theft.
· Work with Customer Service and the Logistics Coordinator to return damaged or stale dated product not accepted at the retail location, and transport the unaccepted product back to the DC, according to SOP.
· Work with Customer Service and the Logistics Coordinator to accommodate rush deliveries and/or changes to the scheduled delivery route.
· Establish a positive relationship with the retail customer by understanding client expectations, meeting daily commitments, and addressing or referring any service concerns for priority resolution.
· Adhere to established uniform requirements, maintain a professional image and handle all client interactions in a courteous, customer-oriented manner.
· Demonstrate and promote Metro’s Our WAYvalues on a daily basis.
· Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time