Cascadia Motivation Inc. is looking for a full-time Luxury Group Travel Agent/Specialist.
Position is based in Red Deer, AB - Must be willing to relocate if not currently in Red Deer, AB.
We reward success – competitive salary, professional development opportunities, including a health and benefits plan.
"Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it." - Dwight Eisenhower.
Cascadia Motivation is a performance improvement company whose sole priority is to improve our client's business results. Since 1984, we have designed and delivered Incentive Travel, Meetings & Conferences, Corporate Retreats, Continuing Education, Employee Engagement initiatives, Site Selection services and Merchandise Rewards and Loyalty Programs. Our experience, expertise, and ability to provide high-quality service are focused on delivering the results our clients expect. We have time tested and proven methods for improving sales, boosting business performance, strengthening relationships, inspiring loyalty, rewarding success, creating impact and motivating action.
Cascadia Motivation Inc. has taken over 350,000 people to over 230 cities in 95 countries and delivered over 620 unforgettable meeting and incentive travel experiences for our clients. Unlike in large corporations, Cascadia's principals are actively and personally involved in the business. This hands-on management style allows us to create one-of-a-kind programs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about travel and can create exciting and memorable travel programs for our clients. They should be strategic thinkers and have excellent people skills, organizational ability, and a high level of professionalism. If this sounds like you, then you are someone we want to meet.
Additionally, the scope of this position includes:
- Contract negotiations with hotels, airlines, destination management companies and blocking of space.
- Coordination and management of meeting logistics, audiovisual, event production, food & beverage, meetings & conventions, tradeshows, ground and air travel, hotel stays, and special requests for groups.
- Corporate Social Responsibility activity and sustainability are reflected in all incentive travel programs.
- Destination research.
- Group registration management and follow-up for programs.
- The ability to work efficiently with sensitive information and deadlines.
- Diarizing and processing payment requests, managing and accounting for onsite group expenses, and invoicing.
- Management of supplier payment schedules and accounting for group expenses.
- Maintaining group profitability.
- A high level of Microsoft Office proficiency is required, and Sabre & Database experience is an asset.
- Collaborating with the Creative Department to create promotions and travel materials.
- Timely and professional correspondence with clients.
- Travel with clients for site inspections and client groups as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. French would be an asset.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- A high level of professionalism at all times.
- Work with the Travel Operations TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More). We like to help each other!
- An ability to think critically, logically, demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to mitigate issues.
- A willingness to put in the extra time to make the program perfect. We have a flex program that allows you to choose either the time off when it suits you or paid for all overtime hours that you accumulate.
A minimum of 5 years experience in the travel industry is necessary to be considered for this position, and a Hospitality and Tourism Management Degree or Diploma, Microsoft Office Proficient, Bilingual (French/English), and Travel Agent/Sabre GDS experience is highly beneficial. CMP and CMM designations are definite assets, but not required.
We will respond to your employment application; you took the time to apply, we believe you deserve to know what happened with your submission.
For further information about Cascadia Motivation, please visit our website at: www.CascadiaMotivation.com
Reference ID: TOM2021TA
Application deadline: 2021-08-04
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- This position is based in Canada. Do you currently reside in Canada? Are you legally authorized to work in Canada? (Answer must be YES)
- Travel Agency: 5 years (preferred)
- Group Travel: 3 years (preferred)
- English (required)
- French (preferred)
Willingness to travel: