Amico has an immediate opening for Accounting Clerk/Contract Support entry level position. Amico is a dynamic, Canadian owned and operated construction company. Our dedicated and professional team provides paving, road building, infrastructure, general contracting, design build and engineering services for civil and construction industry customers.
It is preferred that the individual have working knowledge of CCDC contracts, Project contracts, accounting principles and industry practices. Candidate shall possess strong organizational and time management skills, ability to work independently and with minimum supervision, problem solving skills and troubleshooting knowledge with interpersonal and communication skills.
The Accounting Clerk/Contract Support shall be reporting to the Office Manager.
The Accounting Clerk/Contract Support is responsible for overseeing day to day administration duties as they pertain to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Contract Administration, Progress Draws, Sub-Contract and Purchase Order execution.
Responsibilities will include:
- General administrative duties; answering and directing phone calls,
- Issuing of letters of intent to suppliers and subcontractors on projects, followed up with CCA documents as necessary, following the lifecycle of documents to ensure they are all accounted for, and maintained;
- Maintain all files electronic and paper for all projects (jobs);
- Contract Administration Duties – Entry of Sub-Contract/Purchase Order Request into Viewpoint/Vista accounting software, tracking job cost codes vs contracts as necessary, ensuring prompt payment legislation is implemented/followed, ensure insurance and WSIB clearances are up to date, STAT DEC’s as necessary;
- Accounts receivable duties – issuing of invoices to external customers, issuing of progress draws, ensuring documents in place for payment (STAT DEC, Certificate of Insurance, WSIB etc.), entry of funds received into Viewpoint/Vista accounting software and tracking for timing of payments;
- Accounts payable duties – pairing up of invoices to packing slips, coding to correct job cots/GL accounts, communication with head office regarding payment status, following prompt payment legislation;
- Entering of invoices in to VISTA accounting software;
- Job cost balances with project management team, ensuring costs captured and communicated accordingly for financial recording monthly;
- Maintain relationships and secure new opportunities with various suppliers/subcontractors;
- Utilize HCSS software system (HeavyJob) for cost tracking of miscellaneous jobs/payroll and assist in monthly progress draws;
- Communication with Divisional Controller monthly as to the status of all Accounts Receivable;
- Previous administrative experience, with preference in Construction environment.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of management and outside personnel.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) experience.
- Previous experience with Viewpoint/Vista accounting software is preferred, however, willing to train.
- Previous experience with HCSS construction software is preferred, however, willing to train.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, self-dedicated, and result oriented.
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines, multitask and follow up.
- Ability to prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Valid G Class Ontario driver’s license, and access to reliable vehicle.
· Interacting with employees, management, and the general public.
· Constant sitting and standing throughout the day.
· Use of laptop computer.
· Travel may be required.
Application Deadline: 2020-07-04
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Contract Administration (Construction): 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)