Dairy Production Technician
Charlottetown-East, Prince Edward Island
Permanent full-time position, 35 hours per week
Lactanet is a knowledge leader and creator of solutions for dairy producers and the dairy industry. Our organization was born from a partnership between three key players: Valacta, CanWest DHI and Canadian Dairy Network (CDN). With nearly 500 employees to its credit, Lactanet's mission is to be the leading source of knowledge and herd management solutions for the sustainable development of a prosperous Canadian dairy industry. As a centre of excellence, Lactanet is a constantly evolving organization that offers multiple opportunities for challenge and development.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supervise milkings and collect milk recording data for supervised tests;
- Collect a variety of other data at the farm and upload it to the computer system;
- Determine the strengths and weaknesses of the herd through the interpretation of Valacta reports with the producer, not only at the farm during a test, but through timely and efficient follow-up between tests, when necessary;
- Work with the Valacta advisor to identify best solutions to solve problems and improve herd performance;
- Encourage, practice and maintain open communication with clients and other industry partners involved at the farm;
- Contribute to client development.
Training, Experience and Skills Required
- College Diploma in Animal Production Technology or Professional Studies Diploma in Farm Management and Technology, or equivalent;
- Very good knowledge of English, written and spoken;
- Possess a car and a valid driving license;
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Manual dexterity, precision and thoroughness;
- Ability to understand and explain reports;
- Good interpersonal communication skills and an aptitude for sales;
- Innovative, dedicated and quality oriented;
- Team spirit, willing to learn and client oriented.
- On-farm work;
- Work variable and irregular hours;
- Work done at different times of the day; partly very early in the morning and partly at the end of the day;
- Daily travel.
The advantages of working at Lactanet
- The company is dynamic and concerned about the well-being of its employees. As such, it has a variety of forward-thinking programs: Work-Life Balance Program, Health Program, Skills Development Program, Benefits Program and Pension Plan.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Required)