Business Development Coordinator
The Business Development Coordinator will assist the National Steward Services team with research, outreach and onboarding of companies who may be legally obligated as stewards under the British Columbia Recycle BC provincial stewardship program supported by Canadian Stewardship Services Alliance (CSSA). The role will serve as an ambassador for the organization focusing on building relationships with newly obligated stewards. Its goal is to work alongside the Business Development team to identify and outreach to new companies and eliminate free riders in the programs. This contract is for approximately six (6)- eight (8) months.
· Utilize various research techniques to identify viable leads for prospecting. Further analyze data to identify under prospected markets and sectors.
· Using revenue analysis via (Hoovers, Sales Genie) further triage and prioritize prospects.
· Lead prospecting outreach campaigns, email and mail outs tracking of responses, responsible to meet own/team key performance metrics.
· Answer in-bound queries and conduct follow ups from outreached prospects. Documenting all interactions and reporting out to Management or external authorities as needed.
· Work closely with prospective stewards to build relationships and communicate policies, rules, contractual requirements, legislation and regulations pertaining to the reporting of material tonnages and payment of fees.
· Onboard prospects on the Welcome Process tracker. Ensure their onboarding reports are filed and invoiced correctly, work with NSS Steward Account Specialists as needed to transition stewards once on boarded.
· Responsible for the creation and maintenance of leads and prospect accounts within client management system.
· Generate reports and metrics related to prospecting activities/campaigns or related to updates for external authorities/internal client reporting.
· When required, provide assistance to the NSS team during reporting periods with tasks such as onboarding/general inquiries or at times report validation of prospected stewards
· Other duties as assigned to support NSS team.
· A university degree or college diploma- in Environmental Management, Business Administration or Customer Service Management – would be an asset or equivalent relevant work experience
· Minimum of 1-2 years of progressive customer service experience required
· Strong research and analytical skills
· Familiarity with extended steward responsibility programs an asset
· Account management experience an asset
· Experience working under a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) model/SAP
· Experience in engaging with problem solving with various actors within an organization, including senior directors and front line staff.
· Strong research capability and ability to be self-motivated and able to work independently when required with superior attention to detail.
· Strong desire to develop and maintain positive customer relationships. Ability to problem-solve and successfully resolve conflicts.
· Knowledge of research methodology, principles and processes
· Ability to read and analyze data; interpret numerical data and detect anomalies.
· Strong Excel, SAP or database management skills with the willingness to learn.
· A good working knowledge of customer service management; for example, using customer service databases, managing customer behaviour, and monitoring customer performance.
· Strong oral and written communication skills with customers and colleagues. Good listening skills. Comfortable communicating with Stewards directly over the phone.
· Flexible, adapting to new and changing tasks and is able to multi-task in a fast paced and changing work environment.
· Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent experience working in a CRM or ERP environment.
· As CSSA is responsible for programs across Canada, hours of operation will be adjusted to Pacific hours to meet the needs of stewards in BC. 8:30am -4:30pm PC or 11:30am -7:30pm EST.
· Due to COVID-19, the CSSA team is currently working remotely. This position will work remotely until regular office attendance resumes.
· May require long periods of time resolving conflicts and disputes over the telephone.
Recycle BC - Who We Are
Recycle BC is a not-for-profit organization responsible for residential packaging and paper recycling throughout British Columbia. Recycle BC ensures packaging and paper is collected from households and recycling depots, sorted and recycled responsibly. The Recycle BC program is funded by businesses, like retailers, manufacturers and restaurants that supply packaging and printed paper to BC residents, to shift recycling costs away from home owners. Learn more at RecycleBC.ca.
Please submit a cover letter and resume demonstrating why you would be a great fit for this role by April 1, 2021.
Please indicate in the subject line which role you are applying for. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Recycle BC is an equal opportunity employer.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19