· Responsible for the day to day management of all aspects of the Hot Deli (Meals to Go) department including: ordering, merchandising, customer service and labour scheduling
· Promote and support excellent customer relations in a professional manner
· Meet financial targets and increase sales through effective merchandising techniques, suggestive selling and attractive displays
· Ensure achievement of the departmental budget through an emphasis on: maximizing gross profit and managing wage costs, operational expenses and inventory/shrinkage
· Provide leadership to staff through delegation of work and scheduling, ongoing training, and promotion of a harmonious work environment
· Adhere to strict cleaning schedule ensuring a high level of cleanliness and sanitation standards
· Adhere to company standards and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed
· Responsible for all aspects of employee relations including interviewing, hiring, training and the on-going development and motivation of the team.
· Other duties and assignments as required
- Five (5) years’ experience in a food retail environment
- Past supervisory or leadership experience in an assistant managerial or managerial role is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building leadership and customer loyalty
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledge of computer applications Eg; Outlook, SAP, STAS, Persona, BOSS would be an asset
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you are contacted by us regarding a job opportunity or interview, please advise if you require accommodation.
Job Posting Notes
Thank you for your interest, however due to the volume of resumes only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Posting will be removed on close date noted above.
NOTE: The Employer noted in this posting is an independently owned corporation (“Franchisee”) which is licensed to use the “”Your Independ Grocer” (s) by Loblaws Inc. If an applicant is hired by the Franchisee, then his/her employer will be the Franchisee. No employment or similar relationship will be created between the applicant and Loblaws Inc. or its affiliates.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Food Preparation Management: 1 year (Preferred)