Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is looking for strong self-starters who are also enthusiastic team players to add to our team in Fort McMurray! In pursuing a career with us, you are opening the door to a fulfilling career with a dynamic company that continues to grow and develop. We know that great people are the key to the success of our business!
We are currently accepting resumes for a Fuel & Lube Technician (Combo Truck Operator) for a safety-sensitive position that is motivated, committed and wants to grow with us. The Technician will work 12-hour days on a rotation of 6 on followed by 6 off (3 days followed by 3 nights).
Fuel & Lube Technicians are responsible for refueling, lubricating and topping up fluids on Syncrude and their contractor’s fleet. In order to meet the demands of this position effectively, technicians must be able to:
- Adhere to and comply with all safety and environmental policies and initiatives
- Complete hazard assessments to a high standard acceptable by OH&S
- Prioritize correct order of equipment to refuel
- Inspect and document damage and defects
- Perform minor maintenance
- Access Syncrude's work sites
What We Need From You:
- 3 to 5 years of experience preferred
- Minimum Class 3 Driver's license with air brake endorsement and clean driver's abstract
- Must be willing to work shift work (day & night shifts on a rotation)
- Superior mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Construction and mining experience preferred
- Safety certifications required: CSO/BSO or OSSA & CSTS, TDG (training may be provided if necessary)
- Wildlife Awareness would be considered an asset
- Collaborative communication style
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
Our Commitment to You:
- Competitive wages & benefits
- Positive team environment
- Current tooling & equipment
- A work environment dedicated to your safety
- Excellent facilities
- Training and advancement opportunities
There is no machine too BIG or too small!
Heavy Metal Equipment and Rentals is one of the region’s only heavy equipment rental companies that supplies, repairs and maintains products and rental services to all four earth-moving industry sectors:
- Mining equipment
- Construction equipment
- Pipeline equipment
- Forestry equipment
Over the last couple of years, we have grown from a small family run business, with 40 - 50 people, to a larger company with over 300 employees... and we are STILL GROWING! Come see what all the fuss is about.
If you want to be part of a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to forward your resume and cover letter by fax to 780-672-8599 or by email indicating Combo Truck Operator in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected will be contacted for further pre-employment screening and interviews. As this is a safety-sensitive position, employment is conditional on negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening result and the ability to meet the physical demands of this position. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Job Type: Full-time
- combo truck operator: 3 years (Preferred)
- mining: 1 year (Required)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Air Brakes (Required)
- Class 3 Drivers License (Required)