- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, software architectures, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operational excellence
Want to solve real, complex, cross-functional problems and build a customer experience that improves and simplifies customers’ lives? Want to develop a deep understanding of customers and then build creative solutions that will benefit them? Want to work on something that you can be passionate about and that gives back to the community? Want to work on an important and highly visible program that will require frequent communication with leadership?
Amazon is excited to have been selected to participate in the USDA Food and Nutrition Service’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) online purchasing program, and we are looking for talented engineers to build this and other related programs. You will have the opportunity to impact the design, architecture, and implementation of our programs and work with and learn from teams across the company. You will strive for simplicity and flexibility in what you create. You will be the voice of the customer throughout your work. Customer experience, usability, and operational excellence will be your top priorities as you deliver quality solutions.
As Software Development Engineer, you will work in a high quality, creative, visionary software development team to build and innovate the technology platform that powers the program. You are great at designing, building, and innovating solutions that are simple and easy to maintain and scale. Previous experience in collaborating with remote teams is a big plus. The program employs a wide range of technologies. From website and mobile apps based front-end to AWS based back-end, we provide great opportunities for talented software engineers to apply cutting edge technologies while solving challenging real world issues.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Vancouver, BC, CAN
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.