New Business Development Manager, Commercial Finance
- Identify, target and qualify prospective new inventory financing opportunities which include National programs, expansion of Distributor relationships, identify new strategic verticals, mergers and portfolio acquisitions;
- Negotiate Program Agreements when required with new prospects;
- Discover market potential and perform analysis of market conditions, trends and forecasts to drive new business opportunities;
- Accountable for the development, coordination and monitoring of strategic marketing campaigns to improve the competitive position of DLL;
- Responsible for assisting the company to increase sales and revenues for both short term and long term goals;
- Develop a target list of prospects that can provide predictable and sustainable new business volume;
- Utilize proactive soliciting/prospecting strategies and tactics such as cold calling, e-mail campaigns and social media to gain an audience with senior level influencers and decision makers to align DLL's capabilities in supporting business requirements;
- Manage the sales process from prospect identification to program agreement negotiation and execution;
- Experience in managing long, complicated sales processes and negotiating program agreements;
- Establish and maintain proactive relationships with internal DLL Sales and Executive teams;
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to manage program implementation;
- Solid insight and experience developing mutually beneficial, strategic alliances with prospective partners;
- Contribute to development/formulation of new business development plans (annual and long-term) and business plan;
- Scope and identify new market opportunities (products, geographies, channels, Partner/Vendors, and expansion of programs);
- Ability to prioritize and target opportunities;
- Negotiate with Partner/Vendor on expectations of new business volumes, products/services, support systems, administration/invoicing processes, branding, marketing, and risk management;
- Obtain pricing alignment with prospective partners; Submit Partner/Vendor Credit Applications (business plans, program structure, and financial information) to Credit Committee; and
- Leading/overseeing the dealer rollout and onboarding of new programs.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 10 + years successful Vendor Finance experience in sales relating inventory financing in commercial roles with progressive responsibilities;
- Understanding of how the Pay as Sold business operates in the Recreational product segment;
- Proven sales, negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Thorough knowledge of current market trends and activities;
- Problem solver who can build relationships and leverage energy and spirit to create a winning solution;
- Prior experience in market research and proposal development;
- Prior experience with large portfolio acquisitions and mergers is an asset;
- Experience in supporting the business in achieving substantial portfolio growth;
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders and influencing Senior leaders; and
- Must have strong presentations skill with an ability to sell complex concepts in a simplified and compelling manner.
At DLL, you’ll deal with the constantly changing needs of our business and our partners. To make sure we succeed, members must look to the future and adapt to the present. That’s why we also encourage members to seek out the best skills across all our offices. The more networked we are as an organization, the more effective we can be at seeing more than a customer, and working harder as a partner.
All members enjoy:
Two working days per year volunteering for a local charity
Career development opportunities: online learning, member development programs, Tuition reimbursement program.
Outstanding Medical, Dental, Vision and Paramedical benefit programs
Employer paid defined contribution Pension plan
Industry leading Vacation package
Subsidized Gym membership programs
Employee Referral program
Open concept modern working environment
DLL in a nutshell:
DLL specializes in asset-based financial solutions for equipment manufacturers, dealers and distributors in the Agriculture, Food, Healthcare, Clean Technology, Transportation, Construction, Industrial and Office Technology industries. We operate in more than 30 countries to enable businesses to obtain and use the assets they need to contribute meaningfully to the world. Our offerings include vendor finance, commercial finance, life cycle asset management, consumer finance, leasing and factoring. For more information about our organization, visit www.dllgroup.com.
Good to know:
DLL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Recruiter of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.