Prism Eye Institute is celebrating 50 years of service this year to the community through an innovative collaboration, Credit Valley Eye Care, Osler Eye Care, and GoEyeCare: the same doctors and locations you know and trust, but offering new services, procedures and technologies. As Prism, we continue to focus on the best patient experience and best practices in the eye care spectrum.
Prism is currently looking for a Call Center Representative to join our amazing team. The Call Centre Representative is responsible for managing incoming and outgoing calls, booking appointments, answering patient inquiries while providing a high level of customer service at all times.
- Proper phone etiquette and to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Understanding patient triaging.
- Ability to respond to patient inquiries and understand who to direct calls to accordingly.
- Ability to make necessary appointment bookings, and changes as required.
- Assist in providing metrics for quality key indicators.
- Identify and escalate priority issues.
- Route calls to appropriate resource.
- Follow up patient calls where necessary.
- Document/log all call information according to standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of call centre telephony and technology.
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes.
- Provides ideas and suggestions to increase the efficiency/profitability of operational processes.
- Excellent communication skills and understanding to be able to perform with minimal guidance.
- Informs the management team immediately of any situations that have a major impact on business.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and organizational information.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Qualifications & Key Skills:
- Education: College diploma in healthcare industry.
- Professional experience: 1-2 years’ practical experience within a medical/ophthalmology office or call centre experience an asset.
- Proficient data entry and typing skills
- Ability to manage high-level stress and maintain positive attitude at all times.
- Computer knowledge: Intermediate Word, Excel, General troubleshooting.
- Problem analysis and problem solving.
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail, adaptability, team work, stress tolerance all an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
- Call Center: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical admin: 1 year (Preferred)