243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain and Logistics Director, the incumbent provides analytical support for all aspects for the Distribution Centre (DC) operations. The incumbent analyzes and monitors the inbound and outbound flow of all products in to the DC, out of the DC and in to the stores.
- Develops, prepares and monitors event import and replenishment purchase orders including container plans, transfer payments, load booking reports, amendments, customs clearance and seasonal schedules to ensure each program event is planned accordingly and to avoid delays.
- Completes all necessary documents and distributes to appropriate key stakeholders.
- Monitors shipment status and event tracking reports to liaise between Category Management, Global Procurement, Merchandising, DC’s and vendors and ensure products are received in time.
- Reviews and monitors DC activities through various inventory systems to provide status, adjustment and not ship reports and mark out reports etc. as required.
- Reviews, enters and prepares invoices for payment to ensure appropriate signing authority is obtained prior to submitting invoices to accounting for payment.
- Monitors and responds to email and telephone inquiries to resolve issues or concerns such as event releases, shipment status, inventory management systems and transportation etc.
- Reviews and monitors excess event inventory to ensure DC’s maintain a pick accuracy of 99.7%, identify excess inventory and arrange overstock to be shipped to appropriate stores promptly.
- Review and analyze all DC outbound volumes by week/day
- Develop, prepare, review and analyze all Store DC Claims
- Reviews events and orders for new or closing stores with Operations and Retail Concepts to ensure stock is transferred and cancelled accordingly.
- Compiles data to review and prepare various reports for internal and external review.
- Prepares documents as required to communicate with stores regarding special notices such as late deliveries or any DCrelated issues etc.
- Greater than two years, but less than or equal, to three years logistics or equivalent experience.
- SAP Experience would be an asset
Post-secondary education equivalent to a college diploma in business, supply chain, or related field.
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Requires an understanding of basic duties and tasks to carry out straight forward procedures.
- Capacity to follow directives and fulfill requests with minimal supervision; takes limited discretionary action as required.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with others.
- Ability to identify problems and draw upon a range of choices to formulate solutions.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with occasional exceptions; able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Computer skills to maintain databases and spreadsheets to produce accurate reports/documents.
- Knowledge of inventory management software and systems and logistical procedures such as customs clearance, shipping, tracking, SAP
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.