** For Canadian Residents only, please! **
About the Opportunity
This is a 100% virtual/work-from-home Bilingual Junior Technical Support position providing technical support to residential end-users. You may work from your home office anywhere in Canada performing troubleshooting on a wide range of products and technology.
GMS supports professional development and offers tons of growth opportunity and room for advancement! If you enjoy the variety from supporting a wide scope of issues and genuinely love helping others, we would love to hear from you!
Your regular activities will include:
- Assisting residential end-users via phone and remote connection tools on a rotating shift schedule that includes days, evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- Perform basic and limited troubleshooting for minor issues related to connectivity, email, internet, computers, connected devices, printers;
- Escalating complex issues to Level 2 technicians;
- Delivering clear explanations and assisting with “how-to’s” for devices and software;
- Assisting end-users with self-serve password resets;
- Supporting multiple versions of software and operating systems;
- Ticketing end-user interactions according to GMS’s policy and process; and
Performing administrative duties such as e-mail management and documentation.
To qualify for this role, you must have the following:
- High-level oral and written communication skills in English AND French;
- 1 years of experience in any one, or a blend of the following areas:
- - > Contact Centre
- - > Help Desk
- - > In-home PC repair
- - > Trainer / Instructor / One-on-one tutor or coach
- At least 1 year of experience supporting:
- - > Latest versions of Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10)
- - > Email and webmail clients
- - > Web browsers and configuring browser/proxy settings
- - > Configuration of network settings for Ethernet and Wifi connections
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 wpm
Experience in any of the following would be an asset:
- iOS, Android, Blackberry
- Anti-virus and anti-malware applications
- Home networking
- macOS and macOS applications
- IM clients – Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business
You will be successful in this position if you...
- have a positive personality, enjoy helping others, and are committed to providing unparalleled customer service;
- don't take things personally and let distressed end-users get to you, because you understand that people calling about tech problems are sometimes in a panic;
- are skilled at multitasking and work well under limited supervision in a fast-paced virtual office environment;
- have superior problem solving abilities;
- enjoy variety and supporting a wide scope of issues;
- are passionate about technology and committed to continuous learning and personal growth.
About the Benefits
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive wage based on your skills and qualifications.
At Global Mentoring Solutions, we help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials, coaching, and subsidies for completing technology certification exams that are relevant to your position.
GMS thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Contract, Freelance, Permanent