Paragon Security is Ontario's largest privately owned and operated security company with over 4,000 employees. Our mission is to proactively protect life, property, and the assets of our clients.
We are now hiring Full-Time Licensed Security Guards for permanent positions at prestigious Commercial Office Towers in Downtown Toronto, North York, and York Region. We are seeking experienced licensed security guards with strong communication skills to deliver exceptional customer service to the tenants and guests at this commercial office tower.
The pay rate is $14.00 per hour to start, with full Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Benefits provided after a three-month probation. At Paragon, our pay rates are above industry standard and advancement opportunities are available through internal career pathing.
This position is an excellent opportunity for those candidates looking to advance a career in security, law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS), and hospitality.
Don’t have a valid Security License? No problem, Paragon Academy‘s Basic Security Training Course gives you everything you need to prepare for your Ontario Security Guard Licence test. For more details, scroll down to the ‘Security License Course’ section.
· Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Eligible to work in Canada
· Flexible to work Full Rotating Shifts (Afternoons, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays)
· Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills (English)
· Demonstrate a positive and self-motivated attitude
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
· Able to respond calmly and effectively in stressful situations
· Strong Customer Service skills
· Able to work both individually and as part of a team
· Proficient Computer skills (Windows 10, MS Office, Outlook)
· Police Foundations/Law Enforcement diploma is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Follow Post Orders for each site posted
· Respond to various calls for service as well as provide first responder services for all security and life safety emergencies
· Ability to provide first aid and medical response to an individual when required
· Thorough record-keeping, report writing, and observation skills
· Operate security equipment/systems, computers, radios, phones
· Patrol the interior and exterior of the site
· Adequate strength and endurance to perform the required duties
· Enforce property regulations, Criminal Code and legislative statutes
· Facilitate access to vehicles and pedestrians at fixed posts
How to Apply:
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of the posting and provide a current résumé. Additionally, Paragon offers walk-in interviews at our Toronto office (1210 Sheppard Ave. E, Suite 100), Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please note that we are closed on all statutory holidays.
Remember to dress for success (formal business attire) and bring:
· Printed Résumé
· Valid Security Licence (printed copy)
· Original CPR (Level C)
· Original Work Permit
· Printed Compliance Letter (if applicable)
· Social Insurance Number (SIN) card
· Security License Course:
Paragon Academy offers a 40-hour Basic Security Training Course for Security Guards (every week in Toronto, every second week Mississauga, and once per month Oshawa). This is a starting point for a new career as a Security Guard.
Pricing: Cost of the course is $199 + HST = $225. Everything is included in this price and there are no hidden costs.
Additionally, we provide:
· Free Parking at all locations
· Toronto location is steps from the TTC station
· Free refreshments
· A guarantee that you will successfully pass the government test or you take the training again free
About the Company:
Paragon Security is Ontario's largest privately owned and operated security company with over 4,000 employees. We specialize in securing Commercial Office Towers, Colleges and Universities, Retail Shopping Centres, Condominiums, and Hospitals.
Our mission is to proactively protect life, property and the assets of our clients. We fulfill this mission through our commitment to client satisfaction, ensuring that our Security Guards receive continuous training and ongoing investment in advanced innovative technology.
We pride ourselves on promoting from within. In fact, many key members of our middle and upper management began their careers at Paragon as a Security Guard.
For all full-time positions, we offer competitive rates, full benefits (medical, dental and vision coverage), life insurance, 401K, perks, and more. In addition, we offer part-time and flexible schedules at over 600 client locations in the GTA and Golden Horseshoe.
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Work from home opportunities
- Dental care
Job Type: Full-time
- security: 1 year (Preferred)