Requisition ID: 87337
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
The Accounting Officer, Settlement will report to manager of Mutual Fund Settlement and Commissions Department. The incumbent is responsible for daily settlement and reconciliation of all departmental control accounts with continuous monitoring to prevent any irreconcilable balances leading to inflated capital exposure.
1) Ensure daily completion of settlement tasks is maintained in accordance with departmental and regulatory policies and procedures
2) Process daily N$M wire request and reconcile mutual fund settlement transactions between Dataphile and FundSERV
3) Reconcile all departmental internal control accounts and identify outstanding balances
4) Research/respond/adjust incoming queries/problems from the reps/branches
5) Process manual wires/contracting/follow up as needed
6) Ensure service levels meet customer needs in a manner consistent with the Service Level Agreements
7) Sundry duites as assigned.
1) Must possess a solid understanding of mainframe systems including FundSERV, FUNDcom, Dataphile, Broadridge (HOD) and good PC skills
2) Adheres to established policies and procedures. Be familiar with fund products and mutual fund industry standards.
3) Excellent time management skills are necessary
4) Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
5) Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
6) Must be able to maintain solid relationships with both internal and external clients.
Minimum High School diploma, Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience, Canadian Securities Course and IFIC courses are preferred but not required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.